Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 11:45:18 PM EDT
CLICK RIGHT HERE

I thought it was a joke till I saw the pic of the carcass. I ain't gonna lie though, there is a small part of me that wants to try it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]

overkill?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
if you read the page it is kinda funny. It's the redneck in me that finds this amusing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Holy Shit!
Nothing like a little grapeshot to Git 'R Done, eh?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#4]
total overkill, but I'd love to shoot trees with it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm speechless.  Complete and absolute overkill.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
1. That's some funny shit!

2. That's a HARDCORE deer hunter!

3. That's a friggen maniac!

4. Get 'r done!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonded what a mixture of steel shot would do?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#8]
"How to minimalize your prey's suffering, shoot them 6 times in one shot!"
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Is that legal?....

Im all for fun, but that just looks wrong to me..
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats a dupe

And only in Wisconsin.
(I'm allowed to say that, I used to live there)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:28:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:08:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmmm...hunts in WI...but in a couple of pictures, I see mountains.....I dunno.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Its wicked cool as long as it isn't widespread...

One guy doing it is fun... people catching on is bad

- BG
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#14]
This isn't a DD?

If it isn't that is COOL, who wouldn't want to own their own replica Civil War cannon, and the M1839 Mountain Howitzer is a convienent size to store compared to a Napoleon or 3" Rifle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#15]
From the "2004 Wisconsin Deer Hunting Regulations":

Firearm and Bow Restrictions:
General Restrictions
It is illegal to:
• hunt with a fully automatic firearm.
• hunt with any means other than a gun discharged from the shoulder or a bow
and arrow. Handguns may be used as described under the “handgun section”
(page 9).
Crossbows may be used as described under the “bows, arrows, and
crossbows section” (page 9).

Fucksticks like this guy will end up ruining hunting for everyone.  From his site:

First, let me start by saying that I'm pretty sure that it may not be entirely legal to use a Mountain Howitzer Cannon for deer hunting, at least not here in Wisconsin.  ( I didn't actually ask the DNR about using a Mountain Howitzer, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like it )  Check with your own State Hunting regulations, ... or not ... (see hunting with artillery section)

7. QUICKLY COVER THE MOUNTAIN HOWITZER WITH A CAMOUFLAGED TARP,  AND QUICKLY PICK UP ALL THE DANGER TAPE.  You may wish to practice these steps so you can do it very quickly.  ( hint: paint the inside of your mountain howitzer travel tarp in a camo pattern, then simply turn it inside-out for hunting )

Mountain Howitzer Canvas cover  Mountain Howitzer camo canvas cover

8.  Now,  "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE AREA UNTIL THE SMOKE HAS CLEARED"  ( it may take up to 30 minutes for the smoke to dissipate depending on the particular area and wind conditions )  Move  away from the howitzer by one-half mile, or more.  Sit down and eat your lunch.  Keep an eye on the area from a distance, making sure there are no nosey hunters that wander over to see what all the noise ( and smoke ) was about.  In the unlikely event that a crowd of unknown hunters should wander over, play dumb, talk with your mouth full, and entice them away from the area of the howitzer.  If they comment about the "smell of rotten eggs" ( the sulfur form the 1/2 pound of black powder you just shot )  tell them you've been eating a lot hard boiled eggs in your lunch.  If they discover the Mountain Howitzer Cannon, tell them that they are trespassing on private land, and threaten to call the Sheriff.  

Mountain Howitzer smoke

9.  After the smoke ( and the coast ) has cleared, go back and start trailing your deer.  However, if you did everything correctly with your howitzer, the deer will likely be dead on the spot ... and won't need any trailing.

It would be a good idea to drag the deer away from the cannon area before starting to field dress him, just in case other hunters wander over.  Now is also a good time to spread-out lots of those fired 12 gage empties.

10.   In the event that you do have unscheduled on-lookers while you are field dressing the deer, ( especially if a Game Warden happens by )  be ready to explain to him that you got very, very, excited and that you kept shooting your "12 gage shotgun" until the deer finally went down.  Tell him you fired "at least as many times as you find holes in the deer".  Take him over and show him all the empty cases ( which you previously spread-out far away from the Mountain Howitzer )  Act very, very, excited and be very, very, convincing.  ( your freedom may depend on it )  You may need to tell him that you had to reload, two or even three times, depending on the number of holes you find in the deer.  ( the pattern of your individual mountain howitzer cannon will dictate the extent of your tale )  However, if you shot your deer at less than 100 yards, this may not work at all, and you will now be in big trouble.  ( Hopefully the Judge will have a sense of humor when he exclaims to the Game Warden, .............. "You telling me he actually shot a Deer with a Mountain Howitzer Cannon?" )

Yeah.  Sounds real legal.  As stated before, people like this idiot will ruin it for everyone.
Dumbasses, I swear.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#16]
i hope they arrest this dumbfuck.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I think thats hilarious...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#18]
That's enough lead to get OSHA after your ass...

Only when I saw the deer hanging did I know he was serious....

too much time on his hands..but funny as hell.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#19]
illegal in most, if not all states....

he should prosecuted....and the cannon taken away...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#20]
He might have just shot a dead deer six times with a 12ga for the picture.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I think it is very cool.  I hope he doesn't get busted.

What is the difference between killing a deer with a hunting-legal gun and a non-hunting legal gun.

Absolutely nothing.  Plenty of deer out there as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think it is very cool.  I hope he doesn't get busted.

What is the difference between killing a deer with a hunting-legal gun and a non-hunting legal gun.

Absolutely nothing.  Plenty of deer out there as well.

What's the difference?  Just that.  The law.  Plus, it's dangerous to other hunters that are around.  Like it or not, game laws are there for a reason.  This fucktard needs to be arrested before he kills someone.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#24]
tagged till I get home from work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Crazy bastard.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I love this country.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Oy!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:54:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Before we summarily execute the guy, I must say it looks like a joke
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I want to see the DU take on this.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:40:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
From the "2004 Wisconsin Deer Hunting Regulations":

Firearm and Bow Restrictions:
General Restrictions
It is illegal to:
• hunt with a fully automatic firearm.
• hunt with any means other than a gun discharged from the shoulder or a bow
and arrow. Handguns may be used as described under the “handgun section”
(page 9).
Crossbows may be used as described under the “bows, arrows, and
crossbows section” (page 9).

Fucksticks like this guy will end up ruining hunting for everyone.  From his site:

First, let me start by saying that I'm pretty sure that it may not be entirely legal to use a Mountain Howitzer Cannon for deer hunting, at least not here in Wisconsin.  ( I didn't actually ask the DNR about using a Mountain Howitzer, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like it )  Check with your own State Hunting regulations, ... or not ... (see hunting with artillery section)

Yeah.  Sounds real legal.  As stated before, people like this idiot will ruin it for everyone.
Dumbasses, I swear.

You mean people like you? Who hunt in texas, in a blind, 25 yards from a feeder and use a 300 WM?

Yeah I could see how shooting a deer with a cannon at over 200 yards would ruin it for everyone else.

Texans have no clue on how to hunt deer.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You mean people like you? Who hunt in texas, in a blind, 25 yards from a feeder and use a 300 WM?

Yeah I could see how shooting a deer with a cannon at over 200 yards would ruin it for everyone else.

Hello Mr. Generalization, how are you?

Sure, there are Texans that hunt from a blind.  There are also Texans that hunker down on a brush line where deer activity has been observed, and wait for them.  25 yards from a feeder?!  Maybe on a canned hunt.  (Edit to add:  Canned hunts don't only happen in Texas, my friend.)  When I've hunted from a blind, the feeder has always been 100-125 yards away from the blind.  Hunting exposed on a brushline?  Who knows?  Could be as short as 75 yards, could be as long as 250+ yards.  Shooting with a 300 Win Mag?  Sure!  Show me where that's listed as illegal to use.  I sure love it when people spout stupid blanket statements.

However, back on the ORIGINAL SUBJECT, this guy (if the site is serious) is committing a crime, and giving the sport a bad name in the eyes of the antis.  It's clearly stated in the "2004 Wisconsin Deer Hunting Regulations" that what he's doing is illegal.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
However, back on the ORIGINAL SUBJECT, this guy (if the site is serious) is committing a crime, and giving the sport a bad name in the eyes of the antis.  It's clearly stated in the "2004 Wisconsin Deer Hunting Regulations" that what he's doing is illegal.  

Carrying a handgun is illegal while hunting too, as is carrying a rifle in the field during deer season where I live.

Many of these laws are stupid and ridiculous, so screw them.  I suppose we should also really care what a bunch of retarded Anti-gun sycophants really thinks?

I don't think that laying caution tape all over the groud is much of a substitute for making sure you have a safe backstop though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Total fuck stick.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Illegal, but still cool.  Hard on the meat, but the dogs got to eat, same as people.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

LMAO you have the yahoos pegged exactly. Maybe a "seven-mag" in place of the 300 though.  
To shoot some 65lb east texas whitetail too. Most Texas deer 'hunters' are completely ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#36]
THIS WAS MY THREAD ABOUT A WEEK AGO THAT GOT LOCKED FOR "something about illegal

activities" Nice to see the floating standard on what is acceptable is in effect  

ETA:    DUPE!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#37]
That's funny.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#38]
I call ...

If this retard was using a mountain howitzer loaded with grapeshot/canister the pattern would be more ragged, not damn near a straight line like in the photo. Looks more like someone got a little excited with a 12 ga. slug gun.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I love this country.

Ditto!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top