Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 6:22:38 PM EDT
Does anyone know the steps required to reverse the rotation of Eisemann LA-4 magnetos?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
www.aeronca.com/manuals/

Hope it is here.

Dave S
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I already have a copy of the manuals, but that is a good site.  I need to understand what steps besides reversing the impulse couplings are required.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
i got an 'A' ticket, but i be damned if i know what you talkin 'bout.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I will try to remember to look tomorrow. I have a box of used and NOS Eisemann magneto stuff in the hangar. Maybe some manuals too. Why do you need to reverse rotation?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I am selling a set to a fellow with a 65 Lycoming on a J-3.  I don't know which direction the mag drive is on that engine.  The mags I have were removed from a C-85 engine, so the rotation may need to be reversed; he seems to think so.

What I do know is that the C-85 mag drive is opposite that of an A-65, so this operation is necessary for this swap and hopefully I can find someone that knows all the steps.

I'm just trying to help the buyer collect up as much inforamtion as possible so the sale will close.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top