Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 5:19:18 PM EDT
KILL THEM ALL!!!!!
spiders that is

this fucker is on my steps!!!! is the shit hitting the fan?!?!? should i lock and load?!?! i'm freaking out!!!

anyone know what kind this is? i'm assuming from its size, it's the man eating kind
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTE (exterminator)

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are actually harmless!

"Spiders is good, they eats the cockroackes!"
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IBTE (exterminator)

+1
This thread is worthless without pics
PIE!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Good spider
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice spider. If the S ever HTF he'd be there to clean up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]
What kind of a spider is that?

Ugly ass bitch it is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Found three of these little beauty's at my dads, all about 4 feet apart.  probably between a quarter and a nickle in size.  Cute little fella, ain't he?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe that's a garden spider.  They're good spiders.  Don't kill it.

They also make awesome webs.  If you're lucky one will make a web up in the corner of your doorway like one did at my parent's house several years ago.  Not only are they and their webs cool to look at, but it's really fun to feed them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree.....if you include ants, mosquitoes, and poisionous snakes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
big yellow is a common garden spider

they make huge webs with zig zag stripes

www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/mpages/black_and_yellow_argiope.htm
Black and Yellow Argiopes  eat flying insects that get trapped in the sticky web. The  most common ones are aphids, flies, grasshoppers, bees, and  wasps.

They are kinda freaky
but they are harmless

except when you stumble into a web and it crawls up yer face and you have a heart attack
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#12]
its an Argiope garden spider.

they call 'em writing spiders around here - old wives tale is if you see your name written in theri web, you'll die soon.

they give me the creeps but are harmless according to what i've read.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I think you guys always going on about how these spiders are "harmless" and "helpful" don't have a hundred of them in your backyard.  Where they build webs all over your kids play toys.  And in between everywhere you walk so you run into their webs all the time.  And all over the water faucet handle.  And in between your cars, and on your chairs, and lay eggs all over the side of your house... and crawl in at night on secret ops to crawl all over your face.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Thats not a spider.

THIS is a spider.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah! Nuke em all!

Oh. Spiders.  No, they're good.  Thought you were talking about the Iraqi beheader terrorists.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Thats not a spider.

THIS is a spider.

evm.vr-consortium.com/titres/repdominicaine/photos/31671.jpg

Uhhh, yep.  That IS indeed a spider.  A real spider.  Best I can do is a few buckets full of -Absolut-'s buddies:

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thats not a spider.

THIS is a spider.

No no no.  You said it all wrong.

"Ats nowt a spidah, `is is a spidah."

/me pulls big spider out of sheath.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Thats not a spider.

THIS is a spider.

On any other occasion I would say something catchy, but this just calls for one thing:

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
terminatior or huge can of hot shot spider killer III; if its bigget than your hand, 12 ga or AR

some say spiders are harmless, but a few like the BROWN RECLUSE is a killer (it's bite releases a poison that will kill the muscle surounding the wound; dangereous and scary as hell, and tehere lots in the south)

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats a Graden spider, he is a small one, carb cleaner of starting fluid him if you really want to kill it.

They dont take up much space and hang in one area, if he isnt on your way leave him be,

Those kind have no fear of people.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Black and Yellow Argiopes  eat flying insects that get trapped in the sticky web. The  most common ones are aphids, flies, grasshoppers, bees, and  wasps.

If they eat wasps and don't fuck with me, they're OK in my book.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
people.clemson.edu/~andersh/pics/spider.jpg
this fucker is on my steps!!!! is the shit hitting the fan?!?!? should i lock and load?!?! i'm freaking out!!!
anyone know what kind this is? i'm assuming from its size, it's the man eating kind

She's a BEAUTY!  Leave her be, and she wont harm you... in fact she'll improve your life by destroying the dadgummed terrorist bugs (west nile mosquitos and crap like that).

coyote's and dunstan's spiders on the other hand call for chemical warfare!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top