Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 4:24:39 PM EDT
Some think that McVeigh and Nichols had help from an Islamic terrorist. Do you think that there is more to the OKC bombing than what meets the eye?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
no
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I would give it 50/50.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Excuse me for putting the tinfoil hat on, but does anyone remember the OKC "john doe #2" police sketch that looked just like Jose Pedia? (the Puerto Rican "Dirty Bomber")

Or was that an internet hoax?

Scott
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
If there was, it would've been used as further reasoning to more aggressively go after terrorists in the sponsoring country.

In other words, I highly doubt it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say 50/50 also.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Excuse me for putting the tinfoil hat on, but does anyone remember the OKC "john doe #2" police sketch that looked just like Jose Pedia? (the Puerto Rican "Dirty Bomber")

Or was that an internet hoax?

Scott

Padilla would have been 23 or 24 years old in 1995.  He was released from his last stint in prison in 1992, a Moslem convert.  Didn't have any run-ins with the law till 1997 for driving with a suspended license.  He lived in Florida until he left the Country to become a "Peaceful" person in the Mideast.

Now if someone can piece together how Tim McViegh crossed paths with him, I am all ears (brings tinfoil and popcorn).  

I personally wouldn't be surpised if McViegh got some help but I am not going to stake my life on it.

Here is a nice link about Padilla.   www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/terrorists/jose_padilla/4.html?sect=22
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I reeeeeely doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]
The only thing I know for sure about the OKC bombing is that we (the masses) do not know what really happened at OKC. Even if the only people involved were the two indicted there is more to it than what we have been told. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, what do you think about what Jayna Davis has to say on the subject?

www.jaynadavis.com/story.html
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
A local OKC reporter has dug up a lot of data to support an Arab and specifically Iraq connection.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Go buy Jayna Davis' book, The Third Terrorist.

You will be shaking your head just 20-30 pages into it !

Those who do not think there was Islamic envolvment either have not read this book or just have their heads in the sand....

This book is a VERY interesting read!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
... I tend to believe no

... That McVeigh "circle" seemed to be more of the the radical anti-government "super-patriot" types. A group that would seemingly hate Islam as much as many here on this board do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably.   And a BATF component as well.

Think "Fund Raiser"
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
... I tend to believe no

... That McVeigh "circle" seemed to be of the the radical anti-government "super-patriot" types. A group that would seemingly hate Islam as much as many here on this board do.

Actually McVeigh was a anti-semite Nazi type. This leads me to think he may of had some Arab help, considering how anti-sematic they are.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Some think that McVeigh and Nichols had help from an Islamic terrorist. Do you think that there is more to the OKC bombing than what meets the eye?

Some also thing GW Bush had foreknowledge of 9/11

Both suggestions are equally (un)believable...

Now, where's the [tinfoil] animation I keep asking for?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Some think that McVeigh and Nichols had help from an Islamic terrorist.

Islamic terrorists were involved in the first World Trade Center bombing (as was the FBI, I might add)
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
... I tend to believe no

... That McVeigh "circle" seemed to be more of the the radical anti-government "super-patriot" types. A group that would seemingly hate Islam as much as many here on this board do.

The question is, Did McVeigh harbor enough hatred and resentment to enlist the help of an American Muslim extremist to commit the OKC bombing? By any means necessary point of view.

Pineapple bomb signature at an "ANFO" identified bombsite? It never added up.

check it. www.worldnewsstand.net/patshannan/1.htm

HS1
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#19]
No,  quit reaching damnit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... I tend to believe no

The question is, Did McVeigh harbor enough hatred and resentment to enlist the help of an American Muslim extremist to commit the OKC bombing? HS1

... Doubtful, before April 19, 1995 ANFO could be produced "under the radar" so to speak. It's an easy formula with components readily available. Terry Nichols appeared to be the "brains" behind the plot.

... Three things really stick in my mind why I believe it was a small group that's been identified already.
(1) The symbolic date the bombing took place (April 19, 1993, Conflagration of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, TX)
(2) The target (ATF & FBI)
(3) McVeigh's testimony on why he did it

... If you knew you were facing the death sentence for a terrorist act you "successfully" pulled off, you'd be smug and go on record exactly why you did it. He did.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#22]
McNichols wife was from the Phillipines and he went there a couple times.

The Phillipines have AL Quaida cells. This is the most I have seen to suggest an Islamic connection.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this thread indicative of....

A)the level of paranoia around here

B) the hatred of a certain group

C)the lack of perceived capability of some people

D) components of the above?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#24]
It was the anniversary of the WACO fire, McViegh had been at Waco selling T shirts:  "Is your Church Government Approved?"  He was apparently very affected by Waco, and it is generally believed that he thought the Oklahoma City office of the FBI was in that building, it wasn't.  Another connection was the FBI Scene Commander at Waco was from the Oklahoma City office.

My office at the time was about 4 blocks from the Murrah building.

Do I believe there is a Islamic connection?  No

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#25]
No, I read the book "American Terrorist", a documentary about McVeigh. He was a decorated soldier that served on a Bradley Fighting Vehicle in Desert Storm. McVeigh bombed the Murrah (SP?) building because he was upset about the federal governments "running" of indivduals lives. He thought that the Fed. gov. had over-stepped its abilities set forth in the constitution and he wanted to make a statement to change that. I do not believe at all that McVeigh collaborated with muslim terrorists.

Note: I do not condone McVeighs bombing in Oklahoma City nor do I mean to defend his actions. I do, however, think it is important to understand why a person who commited himself to serve his country would commit such an atrocity.

"People sleep peacably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." ­-  George Orwell

GRH - God's Right Hand - "Hold No Quarter. Feel No Remorse."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember that the Dallas Morning News had an interesting article about McVeigh that said that an associate in one of the extremist camps was interested in getting ahold of an airliner. Hmmmm....... Time to do some research at Belo.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
McNichols wife was from the Phillipines and he went there a couple times.

The Phillipines have AL Quaida cells. This is the most I have seen to suggest an Islamic connection.

+1
McNichols spent lengthy periods in the Mulsim southern portions of the Phillipines. Opportunity enough.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Read this.

As a self-confessed "international importer and domestic transporter," Cary Gagan, 54, admits that he is "no choir boy." But neither is he a cold-blooded killer, he is quick to add. As a government informant with an immunity grant, he took every step he could to help the federal government stop the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, of which he had solid prior knowledge, but "they let it happen," says Gagan. "They" were the FBI, the United States Attorney, and many agents of the U. S. Marshals Service.......

www.worldnewsstand.net/patshannan/2.htm

Then this. Gagan's chronology of events.

www.worldnewsstand.net/patshannan/3.htm

Think what you will, but we've yet to see the surveilance video the FBI had bragged about? Video from across the street from the Murrah building which would lend credibility to one of the many theories on what actually happened. Why's that?

HS1
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Read this.

... Straight off the DU website
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#30]
No.  Just a mad underachiever with mis directed anger.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Hey, fuck off! Don't make assertions about me at DU. That place is for retards and I don't play there. I googled those articles and found them interesting to say the least. I try to look at the whole picture!

HS1
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Have you ever noticed John Doe #2 from the OKC bombing looks almost identical to
the "Dirty Bomber" Jose Padilla arrested in Chicago O'Hare airport?

John Doe #2

Jose Padilla

Compare eyebrows, mouth, etc
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, fuck off! Don't make assertions about me at DU. That place is for retards and I don't play there. I googled those articles and found them interesting to say the least. I try to look at the whole picture!

HS1

... "they let it happen" LIHOP/MIHOP = pure DU origin and jingoism

... 'nuff said
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#34]
You obviously troll there. Good for you. I don't therefore I have no idea what your abreviations mean.
Care to enlighten me?

Quoted:
... "they let it happen" LIHOP/MIHOP = pure DU origin and jingoism

... 'nuff said

HS1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top