Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:41:04 PM EDT
Hi everyone. I usually don't post, just set back and enjoy some interesting reading but the oakley thread the other day and a accident at work got me to thinking I need a good pair of sun/protective glasses. This guy at work was trying to secure something with a bungee chord and some how it slipped and hit him in the eye. He now has to have a corrective operation on his eye and will miss months of work.

I had a pair of m frames while in the Marines and ended up finally losing them a year or so after I got out. Funny how they survived 4 years in the Marines only to be lost on a fishing trip. Guess I wasn't worried about target indicators as much. I tried on both the pro m frames and half jackets today I like the looks of the half jackets better than the pro M frames but my concern was if the half jackets would stay in place durning activities as well as the pro M frames. About the most active I would be while wearing these would be playing softball and flag football. Also, are the polarizied versions worth the extra $, I do a lot of driving.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
haven't tried the half jackets, but i have the juliets, which are full jackets and they'll stay on for pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes polarized are an option on the Half Jackets and now also on the M Frames, my personal preference is for the M frames because the half jackets are closer to the eye.  For me, my eyelashes rub against the lens getting skin oil on the inside of the lens.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The unobtanium rubber earsocks grip just as well when sweaty. Polarized is good for on the water activities, but make it impossible to see LCD screens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top