BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:32:08 PM EDT
www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2810800

Trailer park resident kills neighbor with sword

By S.K. BARDWELL
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A 42-year-old man was killed and a woman injured when a sword was brought to a fight at a trailer park in north Harris County overnight.

Harris County Sheriff's Department deputies said two neighbors drinking outside their trailers in the 1700 block of Greens road got into a fight about 3:30 a.m., and one went to retrieve his sword.  

The 18-year-old suspect killed the victim, then went to the victim's trailer and attacked the victim's relatives. One woman was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening wounds, deputies said.

The suspect is in custody. The names of the victims and suspect have not yet been released.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahhh trailer parks, can't live without em!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There's been a lot of bad stuff going on in Houston area trailer parks lately. Another one had a man kill his family.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.  A bayonetting without an assault weapon attached...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow.  A bayonetting without an assault weapon attached...

AND underage drinking. Triple bonus.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ahhh trailer parks, can't live without em!

We could ban them? (trailer parks, not swords)

out!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunatley, the sword collecting community in this country is dominated by anti-gunners and other morons who can't see the writing on the wall.  This is the second killing where a sword was used thsat I read about just today.  It is only a matter of time before some politician feels the need to "do something" about it.

Sword owners refuse to get political and I would not be surprised if I find my swords being banned before my guns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Was it a Hattori Hanzo sword?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
This wouldnt have happened in Australia.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, I'm extremely active on one of the Sword Boards and while there are a lot of gun owners in the crowd, there are more who aren't and find the subject somewhat distasteful or downright ugly.  Somehow the concept of weilding a weapon design to cut people in half is more appetizing to them than one that kills with a relatively small hole and doesn't require 20 freakin years of training to become effective with.

Don't get me wrong, I love swords and sword arts.  I am a student of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu and its quickly becoming an obsession for me, but a weapon is a weapon and a sword can kill as well as a gun and with a much greater mess to boot.  Fortunately I have some common ground with my senior instructor in that regard, but I miss having Don Nelson around of SFI to put on his moderator's hat and fight for the gunnies when someone tries to shut us down.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Strangely, I can't see myself standing in a trailer park doing my Duncan McCloud imitation while singing the Highlander theme.

I mean, "I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings" just doesn't fit with the trailer-park.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yup, I'm extremely active on one of the Sword Boards and while there are a lot of gun owners in the crowd, there are more who aren't and find the subject somewhat distasteful or downright ugly.  Somehow the concept of weilding a weapon design to cut people in half is more appetizing to them than one that kills with a relatively small hole and doesn't require 20 freakin years of training to become effective with.

Don't get me wrong, I love swords and sword arts.  I am a student of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu and its quickly becoming an obsession for me, but a weapon is a weapon and a sword can kill as well as a gun and with a much greater mess to boot.  Fortunately I have some common ground with my senior instructor in that regard, but I miss having Don Nelson around of SFI to put on his moderator's hat and fight for the gunnies when someone tries to shut us down.

Hey - I'm on SFI too.  Haven't been there in months though - too hard to keep up with all of these boards.  Don and I exchanged a few PMs about the gun issue with that site a few years back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#12]
You might be a redneck if........
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You might be a redneck if........

Your gun rack has a sword in it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Strangely, I can't see myself standing in a trailer park doing my Duncan McCloud imitation while singing the Highlander theme.

I mean, "I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings" just doesn't fit with the trailer-park.

THERE CAN BE ONLY  ONE!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmm....Trailer park......Texas....how were NO guns available in this situation??
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Was it this guy:

Mighty Foes

and another:

I am immune to edge weapons...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Was it this guy:

I LOVE that guy!!!  

<crying> I am the mighty god of conquest!! </crying>
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#18]
3:30AM....   I wonder if alcohol or drugs were involved.

Here is another.  They just arrested three high school age guys in a rural Adams county Pennsylvania for beating to death a homeless man, with a tree branch or club, who lived in the woods for $5 and some booze.

Swords, clubs...  Some great people running around loose.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

By S.K. BARDWELL

A 42-year-old man was killed and a woman injured when a sword was brought to a fight at a trailer park in north Harris County overnight.

Harris County Sheriff's Department deputies said two neighbors drinking outside their trailers in the 1700 block of Greens road got into a fight about 3:30 a.m., and one went to retrieve his sword.  

The 18-year-old suspect killed the victim, then went to the victim's trailer and attacked the victim's relatives. One woman was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening wounds, deputies said.

The suspect is in custody. The names of the victims and suspect have not yet been released.

HASAN CHOP!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

By S.K. BARDWELL

Oh, man I miss Houston.  Especially at 3am when the EMTs bring in some guy that's been hacked up with a machete or a sword, usually drunk and/or high, spitting blood at you.  Wakes you right up.  Better than coffee.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THERE CAN BE ONLY  ONE!

Must have been the answer given to detectives when they asked "Ma'am, did the suspect say anything prior to killing your son with a sword"?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Was it a Hattori Hanzo sword?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Sheesh <--------- I just got a new truck right up there near Greens Road  Musta been pretty pissed to go get a sword.  Can you spell p r e m e d i t a t e d.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Who wants to bet it was a limited edition sword from QVC? lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I saw this on TV.  Greesnpoint area a.k.a gunnspoint. in a trailer park no less.  How utterly Texan huh?  I wonder if he had on overalls as well
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
So many trailer parks, so few tornados.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top