Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 3:06:25 PM EDT
While I was looking through the AR pic thread, I was looking at a LEO marked no ban and a question popped up.  Are post 86 LEO machine guns and dealer samples required by law to have these same markings? I would think it would be kindof stupid that "preban" style semis would and machine guns not. Just a question, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I knew they fell under the NFA category, I was just curious if manufactuers marked their post 86 machine guns law enforcment only. But I guess not, since the NFA states nothing about law enforcement markings.  I kindof figured PC gunmakers like colt would include them on everything that was not legal for civian sales. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:33:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Our department UMPs are not marked "restricted" in any way, nor are the  FN M16s  in my National Guard armory( of course, those are stamped "Property of US Gov't"...... I twisted arms to make sure I got one of the few Colts off our racks...I HATE those FNs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top