Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 2:50:47 PM EDT
Officials: Man Dead For 20 Years Registers To Vote
More Than 800 Voter Registration Cards Being Investigated

UPDATED: 9:46 AM EDT September 23, 2004

AKRON, Ohio -- The state of Ohio is stepping in to investigate possible voter fraud in Summit County. And the Lake County prosecutor is also looking into fraud there.  

More than 800 voter registration cards in Summit County are under investigation, NewsChannel5 reported.

The Board of Elections said the voter registration cards in question are for addresses that don't exist, spelling mistakes or have similar handwriting.  

Fifty of those questionable cards apparently came from the AFL-CIO central office in Cleveland, WEWS reported.

The AFL-CIO said it's registering thousands of union members this year, and had no knowledge of the faulty cards, which are filled out by volunteers.

AFL-CIO Executive Secretary John Ryan told NewsChannel5’s partner The Akron Beacon Journal that "it's not only a felony, but it's playing with democracy in a dangerous, horrible way."

Elections officials said the bogus cards were kicked out by the computer and forwarded to state investigators.

In the meantime in Lake County, elections officials said some voter advocacy groups are forging registration cards.

In one example, a man who's been dead for 20 years is apparently a new registered voter.

And in another case, it looks as if an entire neighborhood will be out of town on Election Day. Everyone there applied for absentee ballots.

This fraud comes on the heels of a report NewsChannel5 did just Wednesday on identity theft and voter registration. (Read Report)

Never give out your full social security number if asked. Elections officials only require the last four digits for verification.

http://www.newsnet5.com/politics/3754186/detail.html
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
They are trying to steal the election.

Oh, and the story doesn't mention that they probably all registered Demonrat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]

I work in a Union. This doesn't suprise me at all.

News flash...

AFL-CIO union members in jail!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Why am I not surprised?

BTW, not only are the freaking unions to blame for this, but they are also the ones truly responsible for US jobs being exported! Thanks to their stupid ass tactics, they have now priced American workers out of jobs! Yet they blame Bush. What assmunches.

So tell me, other than serving as a form of organized robbery, what worthy things have the unions done since workplace safety?

Screw the damn unions. They are just another example of a good idea that started with good intentions that went bad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Union thug Democrats that would do ANYTHING to win?  Say it isn't so!  

I am appalled!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I am appalled!  

Clinton did it !
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
this is about about the same level of stupidity as the bush/republican workers busting their asses to help get nader on the ohio ballet.

seems a whole lot of ralph's signature were bogus ones placed by a hired gun signature collection outfit...paid for by republican money.

ALL politics in america is as crooked as the cuyahoga river.

That ain't no shit !
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I am appalled!  

<---shocked, I tell you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why am I not surprised?

BTW, not only are the freaking unions to blame for this, but they are also the ones truly responsible for US jobs being exported! Thanks to their stupid ass tactics, they have now priced American workers out of jobs! Yet they blame Bush. What assmunches.

So tell me, other than serving as a form of organized robbery, what worthy things have the unions done since workplace safety?

Screw the damn unions. They are just another example of a good idea that started with good intentions that went bad.

NAFTA is the reason why all of our jobs are being outsourced. It started with Bush Sr. negociating it, then a democratic controlled house, senate and president made it law in 1994. So the unions backing democrats and not pushing Bush Sr. to stop is the root for all of the jobs going bye-bye. I know, cause I lived it and I am right in the middle of it. I speak up and the stupid ones, just look at me with a glassed over look like, "what are you saying, the democrats are our friends!". Morons!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]
And this surprises anyone why........

I live in the middle of the Mahoning Valley, probably one of the most crooked, most heavily Democraticly controlled areas in the country, short of Kali, Mass and the like. It's always been that way here since one of the biggest employers in this area is GM's Lordstown plant. And, of course, they're ALL good Union people and most vote the Democrat ticket, regardless of who  the candidates are. I honestly think that they'd try to elect Osama if he registered Dem! This area SUCKS HARD but I finally have a good job and really don't relish the thought of looking for another. It only took me 11 years to get a full-time Police job in my home town and I'm getting too old to give this one up and wait another 11 years to get another in another small town. God, I HATE this place!

Bub
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top