Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 1:13:57 PM EDT
Hi:

I heard that the Guard is having trouble in enlistments.  I was wondering if any of you think they could up the age?  I am 38 but have never been in the military.  I have been a cop for several years but would like to serve in other ways.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been out of the Marines for a couple of years, but if I remember correctly the cut off is 35.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've been out of the Marines for a couple of years, but if I remember correctly the cut off is 35.

Prior service people are worked differently.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prior service people are worked differently.

My old ass isn't going back in.  :^)  Christ with the pay cut I'd be bankrupt.  I was refering to Ronindiver.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
35 is the cut off.  Unless you're prior service.  Then they deduct whatever the number of years you served from your age.  So if you served 4 years you can re-enter at 39.

I really don't see them changing it.

If anything they'll just step up their recruiting efforts and retention incentives and / or entrance bonuses.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
here's my states' reply to that.ohmr.ohio.gov/  17 to 63 we are growing. We are the organized Militia. We are where the Guard was, before federalization. Did I mention I am a recruiter? If you are like minded, look around in your state. There should be something out of the governor's office, or ask the Guard. Of course it might be state guard, defense force, military reserve. Seek and ye shall find.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Ron', You're past the maximum age buddy but I want to thank you for thinking about joining

I just signed-on again for a few more and think from your post that you'd be a great asset to any unit you might be assigned to.

Thanks again man and stay safe in your current position Sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top