Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 1:11:13 PM EDT
I just picked up my new Beretta Storm 9mm.  Does anybody have any major do's or don'ts
about this firearm.  Like ammo, special cleaning or parts NOT to mess with. I have been buying
15 round mags ( older ones from Beretta made in Italy) for 10 bucks each, they have  aluminum
floor plates and followers.
  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I found that I didn't like the mag release - couldn't hit it without shifting my hand in a major (awkward and uncomfortable) way.  I am right-handed, but I am having my mag release reversed to the "left-handed" position so that when I reload I can dump the mag with my trigger finger (like I do on my ARs).

Other than that, I love mine so far.  Can't wait to get it back and add the rails & optics I've gotten for it while my gunsmith has had it.

Congratulations on your purchase!  

ETA:  I have very small hands/short fingers - the mag release may very well work fine for you as-is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I found that I didn't like the mag release - couldn't hit it without shifting my hand in a major (awkward and uncomfortable) way.  I am right-handed, but I am having my mag release reversed to the "left-handed" position so that when I reload I can dump the mag with my trigger finger (like I do on my ARs).

+1

That and get some type of butt pads for the magazines, the mag well is recessed and if you dont push it in with your finger, you might not seat it all the way.  Also invest in that top rail, I installed it on mine and put one of those Hakko TAC1 (aimpoint clones) on it.  Looks very cool.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. Looking foward to adding on the cool stuff, just making sure all is working  first with basic gun. 300 rounds 100% perfect. 25 yards, 15 rounds in one ragged hole. Love it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have one but swingset brought one to a shoot and could bump fire it at will. Pretty amazing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
If you use 147 grain ammo, they are basically "naturally supressed".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top