Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 12:36:13 PM EDT
They had a nice lunch for employees this year celebrating 5yr, 10yr, 15 yr, 20 yr THATS ME, 25yr and 30 yr anniversarys...

I got a cool, document, going to frame it, as well as a gift catalog to choose some neat stuff from, and big THANK YOU, from the head honcho....

and in 4 1/2 more years, at my 25 year, I get a all expense paid trip, for 21 days, ANYWHERE, IN THE WORLD, I want to go, ALL EXPENSES PAID........COOL.....

They had a few 25 year guys there, and a few 30 year guys.....

In the room, there was over 800 combined years of experiance from that one plant.....

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
damn!  That 25 year bonus sounds pretty nice!  If I had that here, I'd only have 20 years to go!!  w00t!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course on year 24.5 they shuffle you out the door and give you a nice Timex.  They'll sell it as a "bridge" to retirement and give you a couple weeks/year of service.  Ya I'm cynical.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool deal.

You should see the watch my mother got when my dad hit an anniversary with his company.  he didn't want anything, so he picked something out of the ladies section.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Of course on year 24.5 they shuffle you out the door and give you a nice Timex.  They'll sell it as a "bridge" to retirement and give you a couple weeks/year of service.  Ya I'm cynical.  

+1

Or they will change the policy in 4 years 5 months.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to work at a manufacturing plant.. there were guys that had been there for 20+ years, and were making 3 bucks an hour more than me, after I'd been there for 6 months. Hell No.

I quit that shit as fast as I could
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not likely, this has been a company policy for over 60 years, not changing anytime soon.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top