Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 11:45:47 AM EDT
Let's say that the rapture has occured. Is it worth my while to knowingly "avoid" the rapture in order to stay back and help people to "see the light"?

I know, stupid question. But it would mostly be for the sake of loved ones and such.

I would opt for it in a heartbeat if I knew for sure that I could be saved again.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Open the window and let some freash air in dude.  You got a Carbon Monoxide leake!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Well as I understand it , "seeing the light " will only occur to the people who beleive in God in the first place. I don't think you get a choice if given the chance. That would actaully be a good question for the more informed than I which by the way would be about anybody. But as I understood it, if you see the light and the stairs appear then it was ment for YOU . Anybody else are to submit to this topic?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
You are not going to want to stick around.  If you knowing "avoid" the rapture, chances are you will not get a second chance.  It's not going to be a picnic.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
If the trumpet blast, seeing Christ in the sky, and the dead people coming from their graves doesn't do the trick.....

i doubt if i could make more of an impression anyway
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a question for those who subscribe to the Pre-Trib theory.

I personally don't.  He is coming, and I look forward to it.  However, the Pre-Trib doctrine was not held by any of the Church fathers, and is actually of recent origin, being traced to a girl in Scotland in the 1800s.  

This makes an interesting topic for study when you start digging into it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]
ain't gonna be no rapture.  When it's the end, it's the end.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Your quite right.  But now we begin to spiral our of control with the thread,  Fundamentalists don't like when you say this.  I don't think God has such a sense of Humor that the clouds will part and trumpets will sound.  If so, I'm totally screwed...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Send all your Money to Me instead of the Bible Thumpers, and I will make sure that you are Saved Again

Quoted:
Let's say that the rapture has occured. Is it worth my while to knowingly "avoid" the rapture in order to stay back and help people to "see the light"?

I know, stupid question. But it would mostly be for the sake of loved ones and such.

I would opt for it in a heartbeat if I knew for sure that I could be saved again.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting how the anti-Christians always show up for theological discussion sessions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

PLUS 100
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought this thread was going to be about the age-old question: "If heaven is waiting, why not step in front of a bus and get there now?"
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#14]
With my luck, I'd be sent back to the wrong time and eaten by a dinosaur
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know the answer but I just wanna say

- Long-time no-see DevilsAdvocate!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Beam Me Up Scotty.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#21]

As I understand it, if you're saved you don't have a choice. You are gonna be gone when the rapture occurs.  And if you've read about the Tribulation, thank God that you'll be gone.

I look for it to happen about 5 minutes after the U.S. sides against Israel.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Interesting how the anti-Christians always show up for theological discussion sessions.

Do you guys show up when evolution or the big bang is discussed? ........Yup

Personally, the only off limits topics are prayer requests...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#24]
When Christ returns, there will be no question in the minds of His children. They will go. I can't imagine that the pull of any earthly connections would even begin to create a debate in the minds of the saved.

As for atheists contributing to this thread, why shouldn't they? I had a prof that used to say, "Freud must be pretty important if every psychologist feels the need to prove him wrong."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#25]
When "Morning Sweeps the Eastern Sky", you won't want to stay.

But you will also have no choice.

On a related note, I've seen how a person can take sky-diving lessons, and before they open their chute, they can spread their arms and steer themselves all over the sky on the way down.

I've thought about taking lessons like that so that when the Rapture occurs, I can steer myself over to guys like my old buddy Eric the Hun and Brohawk and say, "See!! I told you so!!"

I can hardly wait.  I hope He comes back today.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When Christ returns, there will be no question in the minds of His children. They will go. I can't imagine that the pull of any earthly connections would even begin to create a debate in the minds of the saved.

I can. Despite the wonder of the afterlife (for the point of this conversation we will assume their faith is proven by the context of the event in question) people will still care about their famliles and loved ones.

In fact I'd think (and I could be wrong) that Christians especially would be compelled to assist their loved ones.

I know in my case I would hope to think I'd put my needs aside to help my family. If a bridge was failing and I could jump to safety or try and help my family I think I'd go for them.

Steyr,
I know what you are saying, and in any earthly context I would agree with you...but this ain't gonna be no bridge, burning building, crumbling home, etc. there isn't anything in our experience to compare this to.  I am wondering if the conscious mind (as we know it) will even deal with empirical stimuli during the rapture.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I personally don't.  He is coming, and I look forward to it.  However, the Pre-Trib doctrine was not held by any of the Church fathers, and is actually of recent origin, being traced to a girl in Scotland in the 1800s.  

+1

I don't believe in the "Left Behind" view of "Judgement Day" so this is a mute point to me.  

(Yes, I know it's moot - I'm just needling some folks on here who REALLY hate that one... )
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#29]
not on your life dude

my ugly butt is outta here
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Rapture?  Song by Blondie, right?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#32]
No way. I dont want to stick around for the mayhem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can. Despite the wonder of the afterlife (for the point of this conversation we will assume their faith is proven by the context of the event in question) people will still care about their famliles and loved ones.

In fact I'd think (and I could be wrong) that Christians especially would be compelled to assist their loved ones.

I know in my case I would hope to think I'd put my needs aside to help my family. If a bridge was failing and I could jump to safety or try and help my family I think I'd go for them.

Steyr,
I know what you are saying, and in any earthly context I would agree with you...but this ain't gonna be no bridge, burning building, crumbling home, etc. there isn't anything in our experience to compare this to.  I am wondering if the conscious mind (as we know it) will even deal with empirical stimuli during the rapture.

I was responding to your suggestion that it would (ie. " create a debate in the minds of the saved").

I said I can't imagine that it (the rapture) would even begin to creat a debate...but it all reamins to be seen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL!

I do believe in a rapture (approx 3.5 years) after the Antichrist (like Maitreya or some other new-age bastard) comes to power somewhere in the world. Im of the understanding that the Tribulation is about 7 years after his coming to power. The Tribulation is the final judgement. Rapture (or being "caught up" into the sky) is definitely in the bible. So I don't what the heck you guys are thinking.

My thought is that the 2nd 3.5 years would suck without a doubt, but it SHOULD be possible to be saved (again? lol...uggghhh) AFTER the 3.5 years and before the Tribulation.

Again, Im just curious.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I went into a cave and saw God's angel, and he gave me a new AND FINAL revalation. No one belived me except my girlfriend. Then God told me to get a gun , a few guns, all who do not belive my message must be put to death. 'God told me to skin you alive'. All men who follow me can have as many as four wives and a multitude of concubines! It it is these Who shall bear the great army of true belivers. As to those who fall in battle fighting for God's true prophet (ME!) , God has told me they shall be rewarded greatly in the hereafter. So when I with my bretheren come knocking on your door will you rebuke me???
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

¿How can He come as a 'thief in the night' when you know that He WILL return exactly 2520 days after the Jews sign their pact with the Anti-Christ? A thief comes unexpectedly, takes the valuables, and heads out the back door. A conquering king comes on a white stallion with an army and takes over. In Thessalonians, the believers are headed up to heaven so that they are not in the mass punishment that is to come and in Revelations, they are headed down as the army of believers.

Two separate and distinct events.

wganz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top