Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 10:01:17 AM EDT
I was in there yesterday checking out several 1911 and I ask the guy if they have any BC 10/22 25round mags, or Bushmaster nonbans AR. He said that  corporate is unsure if they will offer ANY prior LEO/PREguns or accessories...WTF

It seem to be a trend with some Bigger companies/manufactures not willing to offer fun stuff since the ban has died.
The smaller shops seem to have no problem wanting to sell noban items.. I guess I should just stop shopping at these political correct places..

Anyone else hearing the same thing
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Score one for the small guy trying to make a living!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no problem with that.

Buy ammo at BIG GUY to get good price.
Buy mags and Weapons from someone WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS SELLING!!!!!!!!
Fuck them and Fuck walmart too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Sportsman's Warehouse has the worst customer service I've ever seen.  Back in early August I asked them for a quote on a couple Bushy uppers, lowers, and complete rifles.  I was told one week.  I called a week later, two weeks later, three weeks later, nothing.  They still haven't gotten back to me.  I ended up buying from a smaller shop who knows their stuff.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#5]
f!ck them all!  buy what you want at a gun show.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

And don't forget that you can buy GUNS AND AMMUNITION ON THE INTERNET!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

gun shows arent any better
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#8]
and the bad news just keeps coming... in regards to SW.. wth?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Too bad, they had pretty good prices on Glock mags.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#10]
They might also be concerned about keeping track of where they can and can’t legally ship the things.

Remember, the term “non-ban” isn’t really correct in states such as California.

Edited to add:  Oops!  I missed the word “guns” in your first post.  I guess they wouldn’t be mailing those anyway!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
my guess is that since most of the stuff in the distribution channels is marked LEO only, they are very concerned about a liability situation should a shooting occur.  Its a valid concern considering a jury deciding liability is often swayed as much by emotion as they are facts and law.  Note that most won't sel LEO marked ammo to the public either for exactly the same reasons.  I would bet that once the normal supply channels are running again, they will stock what consumers want to buy.  It is very early and certainly too early to call.

I agree with this.  Once the stuff that is marked 'LEO/Military only' is gone, you will probably see fewer of these problems.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
No "hi-cap" Glock magazines at any of the local Sportsman's Warehouse stores yet.  

I stopped going there when I heard one of their employees a short while back - a "hunter" - say that there is no reason for a Bayonet lug or any magazine greater than 5 rounds.  "That's all you need for huntin".  "I don't know what kind of person would want a bayonet".

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I would, but I end up spending all of my money on jerky and Beanie Babies before I get to the tables with guns.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Plenty of other places to go.  They have had a bad rep for years anyways.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sportsman's Warehouse has the worst customer service I've ever seen.  Back in early August I asked them for a quote on a couple Bushy uppers, lowers, and complete rifles.  I was told one week.  I called a week later, two weeks later, three weeks later, nothing.  They still haven't gotten back to me.  I ended up buying from a smaller shop who knows their stuff.

Back at the end of July I went into my local Sportsmen's Warehouse to get a quote on a Bushmster lower.  I had to send an e-mail to the corportae office after two weeks to final get a price out of them.  I had them order it.  I knew that was going to be a mistake but I had $150 in gift certificates to use up.  They told me it would take a week to ten days.  Four weeks later it finally got here.  I hope no one ever gives me gift certificates for there again.

Paraord16
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Vote with your wallet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top