Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 7:20:42 AM EDT
Made me smile.  Apparently, Cheney's shunning the mainstream national and international media during his campaign tours across the US.  Not letting them on his plane or into his rallies.  It appears Cheney is no longer playing ball with the media that's been so utterly biased and unfair against he and President Bush for the last 3 years.

NPR's reporter is apparently oblivious to this and begins to show exactly why Cheney isn't too interested in having reporters like her commenting on Cheney's stump speeches, even after CBS's Rathergate scandal.  She defends Kerry's and Edwards votes against supplying the troops with equipment in October 2003 because it wouldn't raise taxes, and calls Cheney's shots against Kerry as "unfair".  She fails to understand that at this time, Kerry and Edwards who voted FOR the Iraq war in 2002 were lagging far behind Howard Dean, the most vociferous anti war candidate in the primaries.  They voted against supplying troops out of duplicitous "me too" opportunism, the hallmark of Kerry's entire 30 year political career, in order to get back into the base's good graces.  Even if that meant letting our troops and mission in Iraq twist in the wind.

NPR's reporter then starts on a laundry list of Cheney's "extremism" and things that are wrong about him, except for his support for states to decide legalizing gay marriage.

Scoll down and listen to see what I mean.

www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.php?prgDate=23-Sep-2004&prgId=3
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a conversation with a flaming liberal yesterday.  She was bitching and whining how Bush and Cheney were screwing things up and killing innocent muslims.  But, she did acknowledge there is a war on terror going on.

I then asked her if there were three people in the room, her, a terrorist and one other person, would she choose, Bush, Cheney, Kerry or Edwards.  Her choice was Cheney.  She thought Cheney would beat the crap out of the terrorist.  Hmmmm...why would you vote for Kerry/Edwards, but rather have Bush/Cheney.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I was listening to the 25th anniversary Diane Rehm show the other day. A republican listener called in and detailed in an articulate and polite but firm manner how she and Terry Gross had demonstrated a clear liberal bias... Diane was SHOCKED that anyone would think this. I laughed my ass off. These people really think they are being impartial.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
And worse, your tax dollars pay for these YOBOS to spew their liberal trash.  Yank their funds and let them survive on their own merits . . .
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was listening to the 25th anniversary Diane Rehm show the other day. A republican listener called in and detailed in an articulate and polite but firm manner how she and Terry Gross had demonstrated a clear liberal bias... Diane was SHOCKED that anyone would think this. I laughed my ass off. These people really think they are being impartial.

No,they think they are the center. To them, trying to remain moderate is the same as being impartial. Unfortunately, they are neither centrists nor moderate nor impartial. They are ultra-liberal - and biased, even if they won't admit it openly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
NPR is merely DUh on radio.    
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
NPR is merely DUh on radio.    

No they're not.  NPR is usually good.  Their bias is there, but I think their bias is not overboard, and they're definitely not lunatics like DU.

But like the rest of the media, they breathlessly rush to air and magnify criticisms of Bush, are extremely reluctant to report if those allegations turn out to be BS.  Like the whole Niger yellowcake business.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yup, the guy with the bad ticker would probably fuck the terrorist up faster and more violently than even the president would.  Nice to see even a brainless liberal can recognize that.

I want a T-Shirt with a cartoon of Cheney BBQing a terrorist on a split like a hog.  

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top