Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 4:52:37 AM EDT

www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/09/01/japan.jenkins/

Incredible story.

After his disappearance, Jenkins appeared in propaganda films and lived in North Korea for nearly four decades.

I read elsewhere that he is being reinstated in the Army, to await charges.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
spill his guts on everything that went on there and I'd give him a dishonorable discharge and a community service penalty. strip him of his voting rights etc. I know he should do prison time but given that he was in north korea I'd say that's prison enough. and to answer some questions, yes I think he is telling the truth that he was held there partially against his will. The living conditions are enough. hopefully it's taught him a valuable lesson. We should send all the liberals to north korea.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Deserted during war time, aided and abetted the enemy.  

Worthless old man.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#3]
This guy is a walking, talking relic from the 50's.  I don't see much point in punishing him now.  His life has evolved into a mess.  My guess that anything he says good about NK is based on protecting people back there who might be punished if he talks to much.  He just isn't revelant anymore.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Ready!

Aim........

FIRE!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#5]

I wonder what they are going to do to this guy.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ready!

Aim........

FIRE!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll give them the bullet free of charge
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Interesting defense possibilities as we never declared war on North Korea. Technically, it was a UN police action.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Interesting defense possibilities as we never declared war on North Korea. Technically, it was a UN police action.

It's still desertion in the face of the enemy under UCMJ.  UCMJ doesn't require a declaration of war for it to be in force.  The fact that no war was declared is no defense at all.

His best bet is to trade every scrap of information on what's going on in North Korea. Combine that with a good brainwashing story and how once he realized what was going on it was too late, and he couldn't abandon his wife, his kids, yada, yada.  Do it all standing and facing the music like the man he should have been because the Japanese have a big political stake in him right now as well.  There's some political pressure from Japan to go lightly on him because they're trying to deal with the North on missing Japanese, and burning him at the stake won't help.  There's been alot of backroom stuff going on with this guy as well.  I think Japan and the US has already worked out what's going to happen to this joker.

I think he'll be found guilty, given a DD, but no jail time, and probably live the rest of his life in Japan.  

Ross
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Tie a log drag to him and make him run across the DMZ.  Worthless old piece of shit.  Many men he served with didn't get the luxery of living to his age.  Just because he's old doesn't get him any pity from me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I say F*CK Him.

The POS has lived the last 4 decades in his little "Workers Paradise" and he should be buried in it as far as I'M (Self important and all-knowing that I AM) concerned.

N. Korea is such an abomination that the COMMIES don't even claim it anymore. THAT Rat Bastard traded the accident of his birth (And his oath to the US Constitution) for celebrity among thugs and should have to "enjoy" all its benefits in his declining years.

As far as what he might tell us about N.Korea?  What's he gonna say? It sucks?  We've reverted to cannibalism in some areas? The free medical bites?  Who cares?  Dude made his bed a L-O-N-G time ago.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top