Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 1:22:21 AM EDT
This is so funny… we always joke about Arabs and their Goats! little did we know it was soooooo true!

……In Saudi Arabia, where women are not allowed to leave their homes without covering every inch of skin, they held a beauty pageant recently. For goats.

"Guess Who’s On the Catwalk
Abdullah Al-Feheed, Al-Eqtisadiah/Arab News

Goat fanciers admire a beautiful Al-Shami goat at the festival. (AN photo by Khaled Al-Khamees)

RIYADH, 19 September 2004 — Goat fanciers turned out in force to admire and bid for beautiful goats showing off on the catwalk at a weekend festival and auction of Al-Shami goats in Riyadh.

They came from all over the Gulf. Abdullah Al-Asaker, from Kuwait, said the Al-Shami breed of goat was introduced to Kuwait from Saudi Arabia. He estimated the investment in Al-Shami goat breed at more than SR20 million.

As prices kept rising at the auction, goat breeders were jubilant that goat breeding after all was as profitable as camel breeding.

Thirty goats were selected according to age and gender. Abdul Aziz Al-Khalaf, one of the five judges for the “Most Beautiful Goat” competition, explained that the winners are chosen on the basis of a combination of factors and overall appearance, not simply by their color. Particular points taken into consideration are the head, nose, mouth, ears, breast and eyes. The most important factor is the size of the head and the whiteness of the eye.

Muhammad Al-Kebaisi, from Qatar, said he is an Al-Shami fancier. He said goat fancying is increasing in Qatar, but because Saudi Arabia has banned the export of fodder to Qatar, the hobby has been seriously affected.

Saad Al-Jabr said they need a space designated for exhibition and auction of their goats that is equipped like the ones in Kuwait. “This gathering provided a perfect chance to look at the latest developments in the hobby,” he said.

The main problem breeders face is that they cannot transport their goats to other countries to participate in auctions or buy any Al-Shami goats from other countries to transport to Kuwait.

Dr. Khaled Al-Ahmad, the head of the livestock department, said he was amazed at how well the festival was organized.

Referring to the banning of international transport of livestock, he said the movement is subject to quarantine procedures to preserve livestock and to prevent viruses from spreading.

www.coxandforkum.com/

Andy
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You gotta admit, some of those goats are pretty hot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#2]
well in all truth it's as silly as the Westminster Dog Show
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Their women aren't much to look at, near as I can tell. That would explain the national shame that causes them to hide their women.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think the goat would be abit better cooked though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the goat would be abit better cooked though.

but goat meat stinks up the house, never smelled nor do I want to smell cooking dogmeat
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Bumped for the day shift…
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#8]
BRAHHAHAHHA

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
But she's damn sexy!!  Keep her away from some of these guys....... could get ugly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm really not that surprised!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm speechless.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Primitive mofos. Goat contest.  Man the heat has fucked them folks up...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#13]
That figures
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And I have seen them fondle the dogs balls....Down the back, and to the balls. WTF? Are these guys fondling goat balls???

And for the record, I have eaten dog and goat. Two totally different things, for taste I would give the edge to ......Neither. It like comparing fish to cow.

I am guessing the next time I eat either, it will be SHTF, I would go goat for lbs.

Or you can use the arfcom answer, eat both!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top