Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 11:41:17 PM EDT
Im sitting around thinking of clearig out some stuff I dont shoot much, thinking of getting rid of my SVT40 and P22.

When you dont care for something that much do you still keep it or sell it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some stuff to sell.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Why are you selling yours, I quess Im just making space.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
when I decide to sell something I detail clean it and stop using it and sell it, I have never sold something and regretted it, as long as you get a fair price, then there is no loss.

I sold the ones that I dont use anymore that were just taking up space.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why are you selling yours, I quess Im just making space.

Trying to start a battle rifle collection.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Im sitting around thinking of clearig out some stuff I dont shoot much, thinking of getting rid of my SVT40 and P22.

Sell It If you don want it any more. I Am thinking of selling: DSA FAL. M1A And Carbon 15 Becaus I am gettibg a little bored with them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a few I'm going to be posting for trade along with a bunch of other stuff this weekend once I get pics of it all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Reminds me a really need to get a digital camera, I might have to borrow one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Man I'd love to have an SVT40... If I had one of those I'd never get rid of it!

I have a Remington 710 and a 10/22 with scope I might sell. I never shoot the 710 anymore (and only put about 100 rounds of .30-06 through it, and the 10/22 just doesn't fit me very well. I like the fit of the Remington 597 a lot better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
make the 10/22 fit.  rebuild it!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Thinking of selling my hk91.  I don't know why I traded for it.  I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.  Its rally too big and just not very handy at all.  Need a digital camera too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thinking of selling my hk91.  I don't know why I traded for it.  I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.  Its rally too big and just not very handy at all.  Need a digital camera too.

I wanted something like that in 308 I got a Cetme in the end, it works ok.  I got it since it was cheap and figured I can always sell it and not lose that much.

HK91 should sell easy
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

trade it towards an HK94.  i want one of those bad!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I've sold several guns, regretted a few.  Didn't regret selling the Glock .40 though, it just didn't fit my hand the way I thought it might.  Didn't regret selling a Firestar 9mm either, trigger pull was just too heavy to be useful.

I sell some things because I buy them on a lark and when the novelty wears off, I dump it and put the cash towards a new novelty.  Some, though, like the P220 will never leave my possession, unless it's in a freak boating accident, of course.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#14]
... I have a Colt® SP1 up for "behind enemy lines" folks, but I "think" HiramRanger wants it.

... Bueller, HiramRanger, Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:10:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've sold several guns, regretted a few.  Didn't regret selling the Glock .40 though, it just didn't fit my hand the way I thought it might.  Didn't regret selling a Firestar 9mm either, trigger pull was just too heavy to be useful.

I sell some things because I buy them on a lark and when the novelty wears off, I dump it and put the cash towards a new novelty.  Some, though, like the P220 will never leave my possession, unless it's in a freak boating accident, of course.

I have done similar, got rid of a CZ75 because I didnt care for it.  P22 never appealed to me much either.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I did the same thing with my 710. I just had to have a bolt action .30-06. Now that I'm on a Mil-surp/AR-15 kick, it just doesn't the trigger time it used to. I'm pretty bored with it, thought I might keep it if I go deer hunting, but I don't think that's gonna happen, so I'm thinking at selling it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#17]
That just reminded me of that 3006 Bolt gun I havent shot this year.  I might get rid of that and its ammo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a bunch of deer rifles that I'd like to convert to evil black rifles through sales or trade. They just don't go for what they're worth here locally.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:23:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have a bunch of deer rifles that I'd like to convert to evil black rifles through sales or trade. They just don't go for what they're worth here locally.....

Its starting hunting season here so Im thinking now would be a good time.  I need to get me a 223 AR.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Mini-14
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I will probably never sell/trade another firearm. I have traded or sold a few I realy regret.

The only exception would be selling off a few ARs to get cash for an M16 or AR18.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes. I have several oddball guns (rifle and pistol) that I'm probably gonna get rid of. But not without using the $$$ gained from the sell to apply toward other, more cool guns. I'd just like to standardize my rifle calibers and types as much as possible to make ammo purchases easier and have interchangeable mags. So for me, it's AR, AK and M1A in the future. Any other rifles will be of the lever or bolt variety, since mags won't be an issue and ammo needed in lesser amounts. As for pistols, I have pretty much settled on 9mm, particularly Glocks (but I'll never get rid of my two custom 1911's, standardization or not).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top