Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 10:27:34 PM EDT
Pre Paid Debit Cards MasterCard/Visa
Any One Here Have One That’s a Good Deal.  I spent the last several hours trying to find a card that a good deal I found a couple card s That Are an Ok Deal. What I Found out when you’re looking for one of these cards first thing is click on the fees box (WOW) Some of these companies will Bend you over and screw the hell out of you. This is what I found out when you click on the fee link.

• $149 Sign Up Fee

• $1.00 Pin based Transactions FEE

• Monthly Fee: $5.95

• ATM Fee (U.S.): $2.00 + Fee Location Atm Fee

• Application Processing Fee: $49.00 To $90.00

• In-Person-Payments: $3.95

• Western Union Swift Pay: $5.95

• Wire Transfer $7.50

• Returned Check/ACH Fee: $40.00

• ATM Balance Inquiry, Decline or Failed Transaction $ 1.50 per transaction Fee

• $15.00 $60.00 To Close Account fee

• Reinstatement Fee   $25.00

• Insufficient Funds Fee   $25.00

• Card delivery fee will $15.00

• Charged Fee for Checking Fee on Line

• Late Payment Fee $29.00

• Value Load Fee $1.00

• Additional Retail Value Load Fee $3.00

• Member fee $$$

• Automatic Renewal membership fees $$$

• Some Cards won’t let you buy things on line

• Some don’t want you to use U.S. Money Orders for up loading Money (Why Not?)

• This card is not FDIC insured.

In These Member agreements they say please Read Carefully in Bold Letters Then they use Size 2 text to explain terms and conditions ---WTF

You would Think These Nut Cases Would give you a better deal since you are not earning any interest on your Money.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
just get a checking account with a visa card
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn thats jamming it to you hard.

All my credit cards are No Fee ones and most I earn some kind of bonus on.  Close to $100 in credit at Cabelas.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I am starting to think the term prepaid = BENDOVER

I am looking for a card for online Transactions
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I get a Capital one, I had some charged put on it by someone.

Called them, they refunded money right them, and blocked that place from running charges anymore.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Called them, they refunded money right them, and blocked that place from running charges anymore.

I had A Problem and still do With Capital One They keep sending me a Ton Of junk mail (3 or 4 letters a week) and I Politely asked them to stop sending me junk mail several times and they just wouldn’t stop so I started sending them my junk mail, trash With little Notes that said Quit sending me junk mail and included my NAme/adress so they get the hint. I personally Hate SPAM companies so I put their no postage necessary envelopes to work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

whats wrong with my suggestion?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Western Union usually has them.  They aren't credit builders however.  Its more like a gift card but from Visa / MC.  Pay your money, get a card and charge against the balance.

They are decent gifts - the recipient can use them anywhere.  But then again, why not just give cash?

I guess they'd be useful if you didn't have a credit card and wanted to make online purchases.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had A Problem and still do With Capital One They keep sending me a Ton Of junk mail (3 or 4 letters a week) and I Politely asked them to stop sending me junk mail several times and they just wouldn’t stop so I started sending them my junk mail, trash With little Notes that said Quit sending me junk mail and included my NAme/adress so they get the hint. I personally Hate SPAM companies so I put their no postage necessary envelopes to work.

I do the same thing, I see it as free heat in thw winter.  I got the same problem with Citibank right now.

Look around get a card that gives you some kind of rebate
Cabelas club gives you 1% credit on all purchases
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

whats wrong with my suggestion?

Noyhing!
I was Thinking Just writing out one Check and deposit it in a Pre Pay card that’s not tied to my checking and then I can pay my bills on line and not be related to a checking account
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Of course they are.  Pre-paid "credit cards" are for people with bad (or no*) credit history; in other words, high-credit-risk folks.  These are the folks that don't make their payments on time, have had charge-offs, or have declared bankruptcy.  In other words, people who have PROVEN that they can't be trusted.

Most of those fees would never, ever be assessed if the creditor does what they are supposed to do: primarily, make AT LEAST the minimum payment ON TIME every month.  But they won't, and so they'll pay a lot of money to the credit card company.  Some will actually learn to be responsible after paying a bunch of fees (at least responsible enough to read EVERY WORD of any future contract BEFORE they sign it), but many won't, by choice.  Life is tough, and it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Note that a Visa-linked ATM is NOT credit, and won't do anything to establish a good credit history for you.

-Troy

thats the problem with me, Im only 19 and have no credit and it is hard to try and establish it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By repub18
thats the problem with me, Im only 19 and have no cre dit and it is hard to try and establish it.

The Fastest way to get credit is to ged a Gas card and pay you bill on time every month
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By repub18
thats the problem with me, Im only 19 and have no cre dit and it is hard to try and establish it.

The Fastest way to get credit is to ged a Gas card and pay you bill on time every month

it would be easy if I ever got approved for one
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Prepaid = BENDOVER?

You can forward all your money to my PayPal account.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#16]
HOLEE CRAP!!!!

$149 just to sign up????  Screw that!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
just get a checking account with a visa card

+1  My ATM card has Visa endorsemant, or whatever you call that relationship.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#18]
These are targeted at people with bad credit and need to improve it. The fees are to add good credit entries in one's credit report. I guess for those with bad credit, it may be a bargain... but I don't have any experience there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top