Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/22/2004 10:26:33 PM EDT
I didn't know where else to post this so I figuered I'd try here. Anyway, I switched internet service and have a new email address. I can't retrieve my password because the address is different. How do I get my old (or new) password without having to re-register a new account? I tried to send a message to the " accounts" department, but the message will not go through.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
On here go to Edit profile then change password, or change email address.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I'am not explaining this right, but I can't enter my OLD email address and expect my password to be sent there because it doesn't exist. And I can't change my password unless I have the original password which I don't have.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe I'am not explaining this right, but I can't enter my OLD email address and expect my password to be sent there because it doesn't exist. And I can't change my password unless I have the original password which I don't have.  

That's a sucky situation.  Try sending an IM to Striker.

Edit: Come to think of it - I think you may be out of luck on that one, friend.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Somebody complains about Eighty8's name and this guy is ok? Schutz Staffel?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What the fuck is THAT supposed to mean?
And I know what 88 is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]
What does SchutzStaffel mean?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I know what 88 is.

I think he's calling you a Nazi...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What does SchutzStaffel mean?

It's what the SS stands for.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#12]
It means "protective arm" . Any other questions?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Is that what the SS stood for in the Nazi military during WWII?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I know what 88 is.

I think he's calling you a Nazi...

That's sounds like a serious  accusation to make. Uneducated as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes , you are correct. However I'am German and I'am a Prison Guard, hence the term "protective arm of the law".
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes , you are correct. However I'am German and I'am a Prison Guard, hence the term "protective arm of the law".

That's understandable.  Do you believe there is a superior race?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:55:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, now your trying to start a fight with the wrong person here fella and acting like a dope as well. Piss off, and I could care less what "palo duro"means. Undertand that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ok, now your trying to start a fight with the wrong person here fella and acting like a dope as well. Piss off, and I could care less what "palo duro"means. Undertand that?

Calm down.  Nobody is trying to start a quarrel.  I'm merely asking a few questions for clarification.  I asure you that I am not attempting to offend you.  I only request responses to a few abbreviated questions.

So - with all due respect, sir, do you believe that there is one race superior to others?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm flattered that your facinated by me (or my user name?) but in all seriousness, go read a book or something if want to educate yourself on people's feeling's on the subject. K?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm flattered that your facinated by me (or my user name?) but in all seriousness, go read a book or something if want to educate yourself on people's feeling's on the subject. K?

Is it that difficult to answer one question?  

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Click_Here

You know what palo duro. I could tell from your initial response to my original question on how to recover my password that you are not too bright to begin with when you post a link on password recovery that CLEARLY states that the password will be sent to the email address that is registered which I CLEARLY stated does not exist anymore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Still skirting the question, eh?

Its just one little simple question.  Answer it and I'm outta here.

ETA:

Definition:

Schutzstaffel - special police force in Nazi Germany founded as a personal bodyguard for Adolf Hitler in 1925; the SS administered the concentration camps.

www.thefreedictionary.com/Schutzstaffel
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:59:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Speaking of SS,

My Uncle's father was SS.  He hid here in the US until his death.

Up in the attic of his house his widow found a metal trim trunk with a big SS insignia on it's lid.   inside was all of his stuff, uniforms, SS rings, Medals, pins and sidearm, diarys and papers in german.  

His last name was Toth.   She donated the trunk and it's contents to the local college.  She's an idiot.

Palo, Ease up on the noob,  He's not ready for you yet.  Let Sgtar break him in first.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

ETA:

Definition:

Schutzstaffel - special police force in Nazi Germany founded as a personal bodyguard for Adolf Hitler in 1925; the SS administered the concentration camps.

...You have been doing some researching, good for you. You must really love me.
In any case, I don't feel like I have to answer your question. However, If your really legitimately  interested in WWII and German history maybe I could help you. Maybe  we could  have some  enlightning conversation . We could talk about interesting facts and figuers related to the war. Ah,maybe not. Good day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ETA:

Definition:

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? THE UN? THE WORLD POLICE? STFU and leave the guy alone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

There must be an empty crib in the pit...how did you manage to get out of there, troll?

1st off, anyone who shows up with a Nazi name deserves scrutiny.  Secondly, unless you're a racist yourself, I haven't the foggiest idea why you're butting in.  And lastly, it certainly elevates suspicion when someone with a Nazi name refuses to answer a simple question about race.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't the foggiest idea why you're butting in.

Thats a two way street. Why did YOU butt in? Leave they guy alone until he does something thats warrants action. If and when he does something then you can release the hounds. Until then let it be. You are deliberately trying to start something with this guy and THAT is TROLLING.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There must be an empty crib in the pit...how did you manage to get out of there, troll?

1st off, anyone who shows up with a Nazi name deserves scrutiny.  Secondly, unless you're a racist yourself, I haven't the foggiest idea why you're butting in.  And lastly, it certainly elevates suspicion when someone with a Nazi name refuses to answer a simple question about race.

So Palo_Dumbass, who made you the username nazi,
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't the foggiest idea why you're butting in.

Thats a two way street. Why did YOU butt in? Leave they guy alone until he does something thats warrants action. If and when he does something then you can release the hounds. Until then let it be. You are deliberately trying to start something with this guy and THAT is TROLLING.

As much as I'd hate to agree with him, he's right.  A user name is just that until he makes it otherwise, and it really is NONE of your business what his racial attitudes are unless he posts something to warrant making it your business!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Exactly. Thank you.
Like I said before, I don't give a fuck what Palo Dopo means so he shouldn't give a fuck about my user name. The guy is now obsessed with me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh come on, SS- please don't act all dumb about your username.  No one uses that term in any other way.  "I'm just a German perison guard..."  yeah, right.    

You obvously chose it to deliberately invoke the reference to the Nazi SS.  Why would you do that unless you had sympathies with their ideologies and actions?

For anyone who has any doubt about the SS, consider that the judges of the Nuremberg Trials sentenced the SS-organization, declaring it a "criminal organization."

The judges underpinned this sentence by stating that: "The SS was used for purposes which were criminal, involving the persecution and the extermination of the Jews, brutalities and killings in concentration camps, excesses in the administration of occupied territories, the administration of the slave labour programme and the maltreatment and murder of prisoners of war"

reference

Nice association you have there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Ask any Jewish poster here if he approves of a name like Schutz Staffel and you'll understand why people are calling you out. Your screen name could be Adolf_is_God and that's fine but you may have to defend yourself. And your excuse is pretty funny, I'm German and a prison guard?!? WTF that's a good reason to name yourself after a military/political wing of the Third Reich. If you are not a Nazi or white supremacist then fine but don't accuse people of asking why you are named a certain way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
 Why would you do that unless you had sympathies with their ideologies and actions?

So what if he does? BFD! The only ones making a big deal out of this are pussies like you. Let it go. Until he does something he should be left alone. What the fuck is it with you people? You the thought police? He can hate ANYONE he likes if  he so chooses(not that he has indicated he does).

If he says niggers and kikes shoulld die then we have a problem. Until then, let him be.

This is America, Let him think what he wants no matter if you agree with it or not. He has the right to hate or not to hate. He has given no indication either way.

BTW I post about this stuff (FREEDOM) all the time, not just about nazi suspects. I would defend your freedom of thought in the very same manner. So let it go.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Ask any Jewish poster here if he approves of a name like Schutz Staffel and you'll understand why people are calling you out.

You have NO RIGHT to be NOT offended. Suck it up and press on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ask any Jewish poster here if he approves of a name like Schutz Staffel and you'll understand why people are calling you out.

Where did I say I demand to be never offended?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did I say I demand to be never offended?

You implied that the jewish members might be offended.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, I was going to let this die and just be on the look out but the Nazi SS had resurrect the thread.

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes they certainly might, this is why I pointed out why some people are asking why he is named that way and if he is a Nazi. Like I said before he can call him self anything like "Hitler_is_Fun" or whatever but he shouldn't be surprised when people want to know why he is called that.    
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Well, I was going to let this die and just be on the look out but the Nazi SS had resurrect the thread.

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

His name is not derogatory of a racial, religious, or sexual in nature.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#42]
So, would it be ok if I chose Beslan_School_Massacrer as my user name?

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So, would it be ok if I chose Beslan_School_Massacrer as my user name?

Are you asking me? I dont want to prevent you from doing it. Now if you start saying children should be killed in a shooting spree then I imagine it would be a problem. The name in its self implies NOTHING.

Just by reading the name, Are you for or against the incident in question? I cant tell because you have not acted in a manner that would indicate either way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Semantics, 1776.  What do you think that 1st rule in the Conduct Code was meant to deter?  Particularly about the offensive user names.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Semantics, 1776.  What do you think that 1st rule in the Conduct Code was meant to deter?  Particularly about the offensive user names.

Your_Mother_Sucks_Big_#$^$%^?  

IMO, but then again its not my board.

The bottom line is you guys made a situation where none existed before. You are trying to get him to say something he apparently has no intention of saying.

I think you are a bit overly sensitive because it happens to be a german name. I imagine he could use a wide varitry of german names involving police terms or what not and people may take it the wrong way. Why? because its german. Its a none issue.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I agree, its not my place to judge whether or not his user name should be allowed but just like he has the option of showing up without regard of offending anyone, I have the option of voicing whether or not I am put off by his choice.

Freedom of expression works both ways.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I agree, its not my place to judge whether or not his user name should be allowed or not but just like he has the option of showing up without regard of offending anyone, I have the option of voicing whether or not I am put off by his choice.

Freedom of expression works both ways.

Agreed. But my point is you/some may be a bit overly sensitive about it simply because its german.

If his name was Waco_JBT or Lon_hurichi <---(Ruby ridge sniper) would you feel the same way?

What if his name was NAZI_GUN_COLLECTOR Would we assume he likes nazi things and he admires nazi's? Does that make him one of them? If not why would we assume he is if he uses the term protection written in german?

I REALLY dont think this is an issue until HE makes it one by acting out on it.

Its waaaaay past bedtime. See ya in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm not scared or ignorant of German words I speak German so I know what it means, It has NOTHING to do with law enforcement. In fact this combination or words is banned in Germany. I have no intention of banning them here of course. Since he is causing no problems and not defending himself I guess this issue should just go away for now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#49]
You're right.  The only thing the Nazi SS promoter has seemed to come up with is insults and question dodging.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:34:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top