Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 8:53:30 PM EDT
I would just like to say that UPS needs to quit sponsoring a race car so they can provide a better shipping service for a more reasonable price.

MT_Pockets because UPS took all my money.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
FedEx.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
UPS is high, when I was mailing Starlight cases I sent them FedEx ground, worked better for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FedEx.  

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FedEx.  

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not for me.  I do a ton and I do mean a ton of shipping.  After spending many hours doing claims, which only the shipper can do, I went to FedEx.  most zip coes are cheaper for me ground frieght???
Not to mention I have yet to file a damage claim with FedEx this year (Crossing fingers)  Claims are a pain in the butt and take up a lot of time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont get the sponsor a racecar thing, Who does that infulence to use UPS or most other companies who do it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I dont get the sponsor a racecar thing, Who does that infulence to use UPS or most other companies who do it.

It does.  It really does.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I find that surprising really.

MAybe Im just wierd.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Facts or stats tp prove this?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I find that surprising really.

MAybe Im just wierd.

I work in broadcast TV and have done a few races.  You hear a lot fines saying they buy Tide because they sponsor.  You have sponsors onsite with stat sheets showing how racing advertising is the best bang for the buck to lure customers.  But a lot of race fans are missing teeth and wear overalls.  brand loyalty is a strange thing.  But we have it around here as well...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stand by...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I made a new thread so as not to hijack this one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here you go..
Whether they're selling beer, pharmaceuticals, detergent, cereal, credit cards or the Armed Services, NASCAR sponsors make speeding billboards out of racecars. In spite of the current economic downturn, NASCAR continues to provide an irresistible advertising opportunity for corporations, and sponsorships are more valuable than ever.
"About everything we buy is NASCAR-related," said Jeff Jackson a NASCAR fan from Westland, Mich. For 15 years, Jackson has driven a school bus — one equipped with a platform on top from which to view the races and covered in sponsor decals — to the tracks. "We're all NASCAR-oriented, for all the sponsors."
Full article here

ETA you can also go here and review NASCAR's sponsor list, then hit their website.  Most sponsors have blurbs about the effectiveness of NASCAR advertising over traditional media.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me whine on for a bit.

It all started back when I was just a young...oh wrong story.

The skinny is...went to ship a pistol at out local UPS warehouse/shipping location and...

Me: I would like to ship this pistol. I have a FFL and I am sending it to another FFL Dealer.

UPS: Is it a handgun?

Me: Yes a pistol.

UPS: We can't ship handguns.

Me: Yes you can, I just doubled check via phone conversation with a very nice lady in the South.

UPS: Hey EarlbobJoeJimJack can we ship handguns?

EBJJJ: Only from Dealer to Dealer. Air Service.

UPS: I have never done this before.

Me: (Smile)

Me: (Still smiling after 10mins)

UPS: A handgun has to be shipped Next-Day Air. Next-Day service isn't available here.

Me: I understand that and they said via phone you would have to ship 2nd-Day

Me: (Smiling even after 20mins)

UPS: 2nd-Day Air would be $48.13...
UPS: but I have to send it Next-Day even though that service isn't available...
UPS: and Next-Day is $78.13...

Me: So you are saying that I have to send this package Next-Day Air and pay $78.13 when it is actually going 2nd-Air because the Next-Day Air service I am paying for is not available.

UPS: Yes.

Isn't that the most interesting thing you have heard lately?

We are all out of steak so here is a hamburger for $19.95...enjoy.

MT

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't mind the hy-jacking...I just broght this up to show how even I have to cave to less service for more money....

America is full of Sheeple...

MT

I will try to get the $30.00 back ion Tuesday when the Manager is there....by calling him on the direct line that the UPS Customer Service Rep said he does have...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

rednecks?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am just saying they need to get their priorities straight by training their employees, expanding their shipping services....and if takes putting less fuel in a race car then maybe they should consider that.

MT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top