Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 8:17:00 PM EDT
I have a really nice FAL 16" carbine that was built by Arizona Response Systems in "post ban" configuration.
Now, I want to make it correct.

I am contemplating a folding para stock, but not sure about that yet.
I DO, however...want to replace the muzzle break (blast enhancer) with a politically incorrect alternative.

Being a 16" carbine, I dont think one of those long FAL flash hiders would look to good, but I am thinking about one of those short Brazillian combination grenade launching/flash hider do-hickeys with the teeth on the front.

What do y'all think would look best?

Post a link if you know of something worth looking into...if you dont mind.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm all ears, I have the same problem.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 20 something inch STG-58C that I am having my gunsmith cut down to a 16-in with a FAL type FS. Not sure what type yet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Just in case you didn't know, you can't just replace the stock, it's a whole kit including the lower reciever, dust cover, recoil spring, and bolt carrier, and it's costs about $400, though I did see CIA selling them for closer to $300 a while ago.

Give us a picture, or at least tell us what you have now.

**ETA**

I was wrong, aperently you can attach the stock block to the back of a standard lower after removing the recoil spring tube.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just in case you didn't know, you can't just replace the stock, it's a whole kit including the lower reciever, dust cover, recoil spring, and bolt carrier, and it's costs about $400, though I did see CIA selling them for closer to $300 a while ago.

Give us a picture, or at least tell us what you have now.

I know...thats why Im contemplating that part.

Cant post a pic right now, thanks to Hurricane Frances...But, it looks just like those 16" carbines DSA is selling.
Grey with black furniture.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't followed up on it yet because I haven't had time, but I posted a question on the Fal file and someone said that Dennys Guns/GTS makes a phantom for a FAL. I posted it here and I called them on September 12th but I wasn't thinking and told them it was a postban gun so they wouldn't even tell me if they made such a beast.

Jerad

O yea I have the same gun made my ARS, I'll try to post pics later
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep in mind that while the AWB may be history, your FAL still has to have the proper number of US made parts to be legal.

There are several FAL flash hiders available, many of them pretty cheap, long and short, so that is probably a good first choice.

You can replace the butt stock, you just have to know how to take it apart, and also you have to deal with a really long spring while trying to put it back together. Tapco sells a couple of inexpensive tools to help with changing the butt stock and grip that are well worth the investment.

It looks like you need the whole Para lower receiver to change to a folder, but I have not seen one of these in person, so I am not sure how they work.

The green SAW kit from Tapco looks pretty cool, but you could have done all of that before the AWB went down in flames.

Personally, I would pick a flash hider, buy the green saw kit and put on a nice camo job of your choice over the whole rifle.

Post some pics when you get done.

Ray
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a really nice FAL 16" carbine that was built by Arizona Response Systems in "post ban" configuration.

I DO, however...want to replace the muzzle break (blast enhancer) with a politically incorrect alternative.

Being a 16" carbine, I dont think one of those long FAL flash hiders would look to good, but I am thinking about one of those short Brazillian combination grenade launching/flash hider do-hickeys with the teeth on the front.

thanks

The the short Brazilian flash suppressor do-hickey with the teeth on the front and the compass in the stock.

Oh, mom....but you'll shoot your eye out!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks

The the short Brazilian flash suppressor do-hickey with the teeth on the front and the compass in the stock.

Oh, mom....but you'll shoot your eye out!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Send it to Derrick at AZEX ARMS. He builds them. He's also in the Industry Forum section.

He's helped alot of us turn our Postbans into prebans. Does great work!

Here's his link    www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top