Ok, don't expect the Taj Mahal.  Since first request at 8:30 pm Central, I've:

Retrieved an AK from the safe
Cut and fitted two buffers for it
Took pics of the procedure
Downloaded the pics, and
Made a website for you all

All that in 2 hours 15 minutes, I'll clean it up for later, until then:

[url]mousepadintobuffer.homestead.com[/url]

hey, by the way, let me know if it works...
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Geez, 143 reads and no one checked out the site?  

Hey, I reduced the mb size of the cover pics and that should speed up the loading quite a bit.  Also made them larger to look at and added some captions.  Hit your refresh bar since it's probably saved the old way in your computer's memory.

Someone give me some feedback if the site is ok to understand.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
very interesting, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ticon,  You website stud!

Do you think that a person could achieve similar buffing results by cutting a circle out of a mouse pad (the diameter of the buffer tube in an AR) and install it in the buffer tube prior to inserting the buffer spring?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank god for cable modems!!! great photo work!!
[beer]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
now I know what to do with my worn out mouse pads[^] no more throwing them in the garbage.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ticon,  You website stud!

Do you think that a person could achieve similar buffing results by cutting a circle out of a mouse pad (the diameter of the buffer tube in an AR) and install it in the buffer tube prior to inserting the buffer spring?
View Quote

Abso-freakin-lutely.  I actually glued one to the FRONT of my buffer, rubber side forward against the back of the bolt carrier.  

If you want to put some down inside your tube, just cut them slightly tight to fit and push them back in there.  The spring will hold them in and they will cushion the back of the buffer when it comes rearward.  I haven't done this to my own since the back of the AR buffer is some soft sort of clear plastic.  But several guys have emailed me that have all metal buffers and were looking for a good material to use.

These work great in my AK, SKS, M-16, and M11/9.

Knock yourselves out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet this might work on FALs too.

BMB
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a job!?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top