Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:13:13 PM EDT
Do i go?
Do i ditch?
Such conflict.
To give you some context, my HS class was ~300 people.  I was friendly with half, really knew about twenty, and was tight with maybe five.
I went to the 20th.  We had some fun.  The same crowd, maybe a little fatter, a little greyer.  One girl (woman) came on to me, and i knew i recognized her but could not remember her name, after that she kind of cooled (come on Pam, its been 20 years!).  The After-party was cool, some of us went to the bar 'round the corner and continued drinkin'.  My neighbors mostly, whom i've known all my life.

I don't know, too much time?  too many miles?  Why am i ambivilant?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends. My 25th is next May and I'm not sure I'll show up. Last time it was held at a real cool place (Queen Mary in Long Beach) and still very few people showed up. I went to a conservative high school in a very conservative area in SoCal, and it seems everyone is getting pissed and moving out of state. My class is scattered all over Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, etc. All my immediate friends from high school have left as well. So, I doubt I'll bother this time.

Plus the only girl I would want to see, my old girlfriend, called me a couple of years ago to tell me she's now a lesbian. I always suspected...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My 25th is next spring as well -  I'm going. I went to the 20th, same thing, I thought "Whoops, wrong ballroom, who are all these old farts?"

It was fun in a way. Demented and sad, but fun. It was in West Virginia. 365 students in my class -- 65 of us left, 300 stayed.

Back then I was real shy with the girls... really shy. I show up and the prom queen/cheerleader captain is the facilitator of the whole shindig. Never spoke to her once the whole time we were in school -- I always thought she didn't even know I existed. She sees me and gives me a big old hug and says "Oh, and you still have those incredible blue eyes!"

I told her "Damn, why didn't you say something back then?!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Go rent a Ferrari and an expensive suit, act like a jackass and bang that stuck up girl who hung out with all the jocks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time one of these threads comes up a bunch of dorks come out of the woodwork and start screaming "I hated everyone that ever walked the halls of my highschool and hope they all have horrible lives.  Why would I ever want to see them again?"

Then they leave and go back to playing D&D so the rest of us can have a life.

I went to my 10th last year.  I had a blast.  I saw alot of people that I liked and alot of people that I didn't, but everyone just let bygones be bygones and got along great at the reunion.  I was the hellion in my graduating class.  Getting taken out of class by the cops, smoking on campus, all that crap.  I must have talked to more of the former jock and cheerleader crowd at my 10th than anyone else I talked to.  I'll go back to my next one, although the one disapointment at the 10th was the turnout.  I think I graduated with about 300 people and if we had 1/3 of that at the reunion I'd be surprised.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Got an invitation earlier this summer for my 10th. They wanted $30/person to attend a pig roast.

Spent that $30 on a Phantom flash suppressor instead.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't Ditch...Go and get hammered.
I had a blast at my 20th reunion and I didn't want to go at all. Some of the women were better looking than they were in High Screwl. I am definitely going to the class of 1980's 25th this coming spring.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It doesn't hurt to go and check things out. If you hate it fake a sudden case of the flu and go home. As you get older you will find that fewer and fewer of your former classmates will still be around. Might as well go now. Good luck, and have fun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to my 25th....thought I went in the wrong door until someone called my name.  Old, fat, no hair, I wanted to go out and suck on the exhaust pipe of my car.  Then it was interesting seeing how some kids that no one thought would ever amount to anything doing quite well and happy.  It worked both ways, some who were 'stars' were not doing well at all.  Go figure.  Invite for the 40th just arrived.  Decisions, decisions.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
My 25th was casual.  That made it better than most class reunions.  Good food, open bar, and most of the people I most strongly didn't want to see were already dead.  One more classmate I never want to see again died this year, so the 30th will be even better!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to my 30th this weekend. There were only 35 in my graduating class so we're all still kinda close. We havent had one in 15 years so we can all can catch up on things. It should be cool because everyone should be over that "look at what I'm doing and look where I've been" stage. If it blows I can always sneek out with a couple of folks and go shoot a game of pool and drink a beer. No big deal and it might even be fun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I went to my 10th last year.  

10th? You've gotta' be kidding!

From your previous posts I figured that you were AT LEAST 50 years old.

Old soul?

Oh and BTW, go to your reunions. They can really be a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#12]
my 25th was last year. I didn't go.

thing was cancelled anyway due to lack of participation.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I loved high school and I love going to reunions.

It's true that when these threads pop up some people freak out at the thought of going to one. Unless you have gained 500 lbs and have a glass eye I don't understand why you shouldn't go and have fun.

You all who don't like going to them must've gotten teased or picked on a lot to really hate not wanting to go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#15]
heheh, youre old
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#16]
you guys are old
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
you guys are old

My 30th would have been last year....In Texas..........Old......Old........Old, ya say..............................................Yep.........I Is OLD!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
heheh, youre old

Screw You Ryan...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#19]
My 25th was this year.  Well it was supposed to be. Never heard from anyone about it. I think they are all avoiding me.  I went to my 10th.  That was enough high school nostalgia to last the rest of my lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]
... Go!

... Spread good news, insight, philosophy and vision, I love these things

(get to brag a little too)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Only 4 years gone from HS here, already not planning on going when they comeup.  I hated most of them fuckers anyway.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

(get to brag a little too)

I can hear it now...Oh Wolfie...What a BIG Cigar you have !!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Only 4 years gone from HS here, already not planning on going when they comeup.  I hated most of them fuckers anyway.

ladies and gentlemen, I give you exibit A!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
From your previous posts I figured that you were AT LEAST 50 years old.

You're not the first one to say that.  I'm not sure if it's an insult or a compliment.
FWIW I'm 29, and people tell me I look no older than 25.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ladies and gentlemen, I give you exibit A!

Well maybe thats just me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Go!!!

Back in '84 I went with a real honey hormone sex pot draped on my arm. I was living in AK and she told all my classmates I'd found gold on the Klondike.

God, it was funny!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Neener.  My 25th won't be coming for ohhhhh another 19 years
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Never had any interest in going to any of them. My 40th will be in 2008 and Mrs. NMSight says I really should go to that one - I guess I have 3+ years to come up with another excuse.

NMSight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top