Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 4:34:02 PM EDT
I know this is not one of your usual topics: But received some bad news today. A friend of mine, his wife got killed this morning in a car accident, coming home from droping the kids off at school. Yes it is an extreamly  terrible thing. This couple were so wonderful together, ohhhhhhhh they cherished, worshiped, nourished,protected and most off all treasured one another. My question is: Why is god so
f - - - - - unfair? There are so many, many humans out there that do not deserve, merit, be worthy of, or entitled to be on this earth?  Yes I am crying in my 'Crown Royal' now.  So I guess we just need to
gorge,stuff annd gulp up life while you have it.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
To answer your question specifically, I'd honestly need to know more about the particulars of that situation, and even then, I'd never be able to satisfy you.

But in general, just remember that EVERY DAY is a gift from God. We're not promised another second on this earth, none of us. Never forget that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought about this after my best friend's father died in aug. at 53. The only reason I can figure is that we're put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of good things, and when we're done with the good deeds, we are asked to join him again. This is the only thing that explains why the best people are taken younger.

My condolences to you and the family.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think I would want God to be fair. If God were fair we would all be punished for our sins. I don't have a good answer for why bad things happen to good people. We live in a sinful world . . . .
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
www.gurus.com/dougdeb/Courses/bestsellers/Kushner/BTmain.htm

He does a good job of explaining the world and life of Job.

When Bad Things Happen to Good People.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if I'd call sending his Son to die for our sins so that we can have eternal life "unfair".

I believe in a life after this one, and I believe that if Jesus Christ is your saviour, then you get to be with him in paradise. I also believe that God created us for his own purposes, and that we belong to him.

We have a finite view of life, the world and eternity. We are like soldiers in a battle sent to fight the enemy in a seemingly worthless and desolate place. But God is the General at headquarters. He has his "war plan" and he sees the strategic value of every action or circumstance from the perspective of the world, our lives and eternity as a whole.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My question is: Why is god so f - - - - - unfair?

Why does everyone blame God when something bad happens?  

When does satan get the blame for his doings?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#9]
thank you extreamely so much
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The object of our lives is not fairness on earth, but rather perfect  joy in heaven with God.  God is fair in that everyone has the hope for and the opportunity to gain salvation.  

There is no fairness in life on earth.  If you want fair, come to Dallas in October and look for the big ferris wheel.  That's the only fair available in this life.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
HE missed her, and wanted her HOME. She had fulfilled her purpose here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Holy cow, SuperLurker!

Good first post, man.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Your friend's wife is in a better place. But everyone has asked why God is unfair at times in their lives. The best answer I have ever heard is that we are God's children and just like average parent's he has to let life happen at times and has to allow his children to suffer. We allow our children to go to school and suffer teasing or embarrassment. We allow them to drive cars or if younger ride bicycles, in these situations they could get hurt or killed. It is a terrible thing when someone is taken, and you are forced to watch their families suffer. My heart goes out to you and her family. From this suffering will come some growth. I know it sounds strange now, but her family will get through this awful time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Equity is a totally artificial concept.

It does not exist in nature.

God has his perfect way, it is not ours to understand.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I want to thank everyone that responsed last night. It greatly assisted me with dealing with my sarrow. Again thank you all
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy cow, SuperLurker!

Good first post, man.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top