Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 2:43:51 PM EDT
I don't know if calls came in or not but two "devices" were found, one in the building another out in the field. Bomb Squad, robot, SWAT all showed up, "about 40 cops" according to her. I haven't heard anymore about it. Hope it was nothing more than a prank.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple retards built some pipe bombs my senior year in high school.. IIRC one went off, didn't really hurt anything. This was way before Columbine though, so I think they just got a slap on the wrist.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Happens all the time.

I hate stupid kids.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I live about 20 minutes from Columbine high school, and my father, a police officer, helped with the investigation.  Now, 5+ years later, high schools in this area still aren't allowed to have any doors but the front unlocked.  Kids get suspended for wearing trench coats.  Kids get suspended for making a gun shape with their fingers and saying "bang".  A mother was arrested for calling in a fake bomb threat to the same high school I went to.  For about 2 years after Columbine, the local high schools would be evacuated a couple times a year for the same type of threats.

I really hope, for your sake, that this incident was nothing.  It's not fun having friends and neighbors paranoid about sending their kids to school in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So I guess we can rule out a Po-Po "panty raid"

Seriously though, irregardless of the facts, I'm glad your child made it out OK
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
They didn't dare evac the HS I went to.  You let that many juvinile delinquents out into the street at once and its just asking for mayhem.  Number one, everyone would have left, wether we were supposed to or not.  Number two, the fact that numbe one would happen would make accounting for eveyone extremely difficult.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The high school I went to had at least one bomb threat and full evacuation a year. Every year it was traced to one of the pay phones within the school itself. This was before the days of ubiquitous hidden camera surveilance, so they never caught who was doing it. I do know one of the perpetrators, but he's funny as hell so I would never turn him in. This was almost 20 years ago anyway.  

People are way too tense and paranoid now. If Michael Moore has one thing right, it's about our culture of fear. The sheeple want to be taken care of and any excuse will do.

Giltweasel
Joe Devos
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I live about 20 minutes from Columbine high school, and my father, a police officer, helped with the investigation.  Now, 5+ years later, high schools in this area still aren't allowed to have any doors but the front unlocked.  Kids get suspended for wearing trench coats. Kids get suspended for making a gun shape with their fingers and saying "bang".  A mother was arrested for calling in a fake bomb threat to the same high school I went to.  For about 2 years after Columbine, the local high schools would be evacuated a couple times a year for the same type of threats.

I really hope, for your sake, that this incident was nothing.  It's not fun having friends and neighbors paranoid about sending their kids to school in the morning.

wtf ? its just a damn jacket

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was in HS someone detonated a pipe bomb right after the "senior assembly", it was buried in a large planter. This was pre columbine, I think the guys still graduated, but didn't get to walk.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The high school I went to had a bomb go off in the band room.
A mentaly disturbed tuba player (I kid you not) stole 4 sticks of dynamite from his grandfathers farm, wraped them in tape and shoved them down the bell of a tuba and lit them during Christmas break.

The tuba was in the last of four in line sound proofed practice rooms

It destroyed the tuba, took out 4 practice rooms (doors, walls and double pained glass) and blew the windows out of the main band room.

From the last window of the practice room there was a spray of tuba shrapnel on the opposite wall.
Even after the school rebuilt the band room we were still digging out tuba shrapnel from that wall for the rest of the year.

Someone taped 6 road flares and an alarm clock together and tossed it in the assistant principals office during school.
That was long before the city I lived in had a SWAT team.
That was a cluster-fuck indeed!

Both happened back in 1977.

Heck, at my jr. high school we had a 9th grader go over the edge. He took his dads .44 magnum and brought it to school.
He shot 4 people, one guy twice in the chest (both rounds went clean through him), one guy in the arm, one girl in the leg and he shot a guy getting away from him on a bike in the ass.
The city police were on the football field giving a self defense class to the girls, the two detectives got to this guy just as he was going to give the guy guy he shot on the bike one more to the head.

That was back in 1974, he is still in a mental ward for that.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Someone taped 6 road flares and an alarm clock together and tossed it in the assistant principals office during school.

The mental image of that has me LMAO
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I set off a calcium carbide and water "bomb" in a 2 liter coke bottle on the soccer field during break, there were hundreds of kids watching.

Assistant principal came by later and nobody saw anything!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The mental image of that has me LMAO

That is HILARIOUS!

bwahahahaha

On a more serious note, when I was in middle school, a guy I knew called in a bomb threat. The school was evacuated, and we were not allowed to bring backpacks to school for the next 2 years, unless they were "see-thru".

Hope nothing serious happened, and your daughter is okay Rainman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top