Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 2:36:10 PM EDT
Several months back, I posted a thread about "Problems with my HOA". I need to find it as the SOB's are now trying to force new HOA by-laws, etc that allow them not only access to my lot, but to my 'property' (my F^%$&*# house)!!!

It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing in the past 3 months under that title.
You can always look through the pages...its bound to be in there somewhere.

Good luck
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it's time to sell and move.   When you moved in you agreed to their rules.  If you were outnumbered for a hoa vote on these new rules then you SOL.  

You could try sueing to dismantle the HOA but that's about all you could do.

Send a anonymous note stating trespassers will be shot.  The new Bylaws are a violation of you right to privacy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. It's been awhile. Maybe May?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like it's time to sell and move.   When you moved in you agreed to their rules.  If you were outnumbered for a hoa vote on these new rules then you SOL.  

You could try suing to dismantle the HOA but that's about all you could do.

Well, that's the point - I'm not in the HOA. They found out the builder amended the documents to include the last phase of the S/D so when they came around with the papers, I told them to go fuck themselves (long history of neighborhood nazism). There are a handful of us who have refused thus far. Now they are trying this shit. I don't think so.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
If SD was not part of the HOA when you purchased the property and the builder did not disclose the property as being a member of the HOA on any paperwork they are screwed and can't enforce the HOA on your property or you do anything to your deeds.   Ammending the property after the the clear deeds were issued should be against the law.

Refuse the papers and a good time to lawyer up  this battle might be just getting started.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Synister - we all 'thought' we were in the S/D up until early spring when the HOA notified us about their 'discovery' (approx 1 month after conviently collecting another year's worth of dues). They immediately came around w/ notary's trying to coerce and/or force people to sign to get them in. When I asked if I had to sign, the first response I got (from the HOA treasurer who visited me) was "we don't want to take you to court". He was immediately dispatched from the property with a big FU!

There are only a handful of us left who haven't signed - maybe 10-12 out of 137 total houses.

We are getting together and collectively hiring a lawyer.

I will be getting out of here as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Even if you sell the house, the new buyer can tell them to FOAD too!

Quoted:
If SD was not part of the HOA when you purchased the property and the builder did not disclose the property as being a member of the HOA on any paperwork they are screwed and can't enforce the HOA on your property or you do anything to your deeds.   Ammending the property after the the clear deeds were issued should be against the law.

Refuse the papers and a good time to lawyer up  this battle might be just getting started.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Several months back, I posted a thread about "Problems with my HOA". I need to find it as the SOB's are now trying to force new HOA by-laws, etc that allow them not only access to my lot, but to my 'property' (my F^%$&*# house)!!!

They cannot force you to sign.  I don't think any court can force you into their association.
BUT - you may still have a problem

You see, most cities have local ordinances that require new developments to have HOAs (this is to make it easier to handle "code enforcement").  So you may be in "violation" of the city ordinance because of the fuckup by the builder, etc.  However, I think you still have a case to tell them to FOAD.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Even if you sell the house, the new buyer can tell them to FOAD too!

Quoted:

Agree, The only why this deed could become a part of the HOA now would be for the HOA to buy it from him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They can change the bylaws all they want, but if you're not a member of the HOA, they can jump in a lake
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
OMG, it is actually on dictionary.com

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=foad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top