User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 2:02:32 PM EDT
Simple question.  Yes or no?

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
No!, and it's not just a CA thing, although they also may prohibit it.  The only reason it gets imported is because it's C&R qualified.  It only stays C&R while in the condition it was imported as.  If you change it, it must adhere to the non C&R rules, which would make it illegal for two reasons.  By federal law, you'd have to lose the bayonet and grenade launcher if you gave it a detachable mag.

PS: Detachable mags for SKSs really suck badly.  Not only are they really poor quality, they can only be inserted or removed with the bolt back.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you mean the 20-rd mag that is a bigger version of the OEM  10-rd mag?

I mean either the 20-rd or 30-rd SKS mags that go the same place the 10-rd goes, but not modifying it to accept detachable AK mags.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yes you can but you must remove the night sights, bayonet lug and bayonet, and grenade launcher. Honestly you don't want a hicap mag on an sks, they really suck bad. FTF like a mofo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Honestly you don't want a hicap mag on an sks, they really suck bad. FTF like a mofo.

...except the "D" version that was originally designed to accept AK mags...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Simple question.

No its not. WTF are you trying to say. Speak/Write English.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a 30 round detachable on mine. Works flawlessly. Loose as hell, the thing is always floppin around and makin noise but solid as a rock in operation.
On the flip side, its worth nothing more then an extra 20 thrusts per squeeze as it were, because its faster to load the mag from stripper clips then it is to change out mags.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Take a look around this web page.
A lot of good info there.
www.simonov.net/law.htm
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.simonov.net/law.htm

shut up or i'm gonna personally fly over there and kick your butt. Don't you ever try to tell me to shut my trap again.

j/k

Sorry had to. I think it's hilarious.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Simple question.

Let me type slower, so maybe you can understand.

I have a C&R Yugoslav SKS.  It comes with a 10-round magazine.  I want to change out the 10-round magazine with a 30-round magazine.  Neither one is "detachable" in the common sense of the word.  I am inquiring about the legality of it.  If your IQ peaks slightly above 80, you might be able to realize that is exactly what I typed in my first question.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.simonov.net/law.htm

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes you can but you must remove the night sights, bayonet lug and bayonet, and grenade launcher. Honestly you don't want a hicap mag on an sks, they really suck bad. FTF like a mofo.

WTF would night sights have to do with it
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, I know. It's one of the "evil" features.  Apparently it's as dangerous as a folding stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, etc.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Simple question.

I have a C&R Yugoslav SKS.  It comes with a 10-round magazine.  I want to change out the 10-round magazine with a 30-round magazine.  Neither one is "detachable" in the common sense of the word.  I am inquiring about the legality of it.  If your IQ peaks slightly above 80, you might be able to realize that is exactly what I typed in my first question.

OK there genius. How come people are asking you about a detachable mag or asking you to clairfy? Because you didnt type EXACTLY what you meant in your first post. As a matter of fact your first post says "Simple question. Yes or no?"

BTW, good job on your 3rd attempt at asking your question. I think you will now get the answer you are looking for without confusion.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, I know. It's one of the "evil" features.  Apparently it's as dangerous as a folding stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, etc.

Night sights are not a evil feature, I dont know where you got that from.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Simple question.

OK there genius. How come people are asking you about a detachable mag or asking you to clairfy? Because you didnt type EXACTLY what you meant in your first post. As a matter of fact your first post says "Simple question. Yes or no?"

BTW, good job on your 3rd attempt at asking your question. I think you will now get the answer you are looking for without confusion.

Read the title nimrod.

"C&R Yugo SKS - Can I LEGALLY put a non-detach hi-cap mag on it?"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Drakich-

I dont think there is a NON-detchable 30 rd mag available for a sks

BTW this isnt the right approach to ask a question
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Read the title nimrod.

OK you want simple?

You should have just asked

"Can I swap the FIXED 10 round out for a FIXED 30 round?" Even a texan can figure out what that means.

RELAX DUDE!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read the title nimrod.

OK you want simple?

You should have just asked

"Can I swap the FIXED 10 round out for a FIXED 30 round?" Even a texan can figure out what that means.

RELAX DUDE!

I'm relaxed, just messing with ya ;-).

I got the answer a long time ago: no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top