Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/22/2004 12:06:07 PM EDT
Just curious. What were the circumstances? Self defense? Defense of someone else? Accident?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think your gonna get a straight answer to that question. Most people don't like to talk about it
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Statute of limitations and all that.

First rule of Killers Club - Don't talk about...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Statute of limitations and all that.

First rule of Killers Club - Don't talk about...

There is no SoL for murder.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
umm DUH this is an assault weapon owners forum

OF COURSE WE'VE ALL KILLED PEOPLE hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
No...but I hurt someone's feelings once.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
He wasn't talking about killing someone and throwing them into a woodchipper, dipshit. I think what the poster wanted to know was if you have ever legally killed a human outside of a U.S. war.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Many years ago I was in an automobile accident where the driver of the other vehicle died.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoot.  Shovel.  Shut-up.
Good advice, then and NOW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No...but I hurt someone's feelings once.

I made a (supposedly) grown man cry once.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#10]
No, but my wife spent about 30 minutes in a room with a guy who just got out of prison for murder.  Can't tell you how she knew, but i know it's true.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#11]
actually I was referring to the awesome killing power of the AR-15...but whatever floats your boat

also I am not aware of a way to legally kill someone. I think you could kill someone and it wouldn't be illegal, but it wouldn't be legal either. see what I mean?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
In case of self defense they usually don't charge you with anything. Same with beheading a midget with your car's bumper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#13]
This coming from a person who in regards to hunting says:

Me first, me king...when in reality, in your own, human world, you're in all likelyhood a substandard representation of your own species.

Wonder what your reply would be if sombody actually said "yes" to this question.
CH

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Many years ago I was in an automobile accident where the driver of the other vehicle died.  

No matter what the circumstances, that would mess me up for a while.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I would tell you, but then I'd have to...... you know.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Exactly, which is why you won't get anyone to alk about it!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Why? What have you heard? Who said I did?

Hey, man, the dude was dead when I got there. I mean, what dead guy?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#18]
So what if I did?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I killed a large papa murphy's pizza last night...............
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I didn't do it...nobody saw me do it...you can't prove anything...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I disconnected one of the cables that connected my dad's LVAD (left ventricle assist device) to it's power supply. Then stood with the rest of my family and held his hand as he died.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]
If I ever had killed anyone I wouldnt talk about it
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Me first, me king...when in reality, in your own, human world, you're in all likelyhood a substandard representation of your own species.

Wonder what your reply would be if sombody actually said "yes" to this question.
CH

Don't see your point, but as for the post you took that from, doesn't bother me if it's for a good reason...whether it's human or otherwise. Plenty of good reasons to kill some animals and some humans. Plenty of regretable reasons too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
........and you expected someone to answer this?

Tj

I don't expect    anything around here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I disconnected one of the cables that connected my dad's LVAD (left ventricle assist device) to it's power supply. Then stood with the rest of my family and held his hand as he died.

My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#27]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I don't think your gonna get a straight answer to that question. Most people don't like to talk about it

you are correct
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#29]
There we go. Now we have an annonymous poll. No need to be shy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I also was in a wreck where the other driver died. I was in my lane and he crossed the center line. Dead center hit at combined closing of around 100-120. NO BRAKES. He died during transport. I fractured C-5. Led to a lifetime of neck pain and headaches...I am the lucky one.

Red Beard. I just had to say bye and Gram turned of her works by herself.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My condolences.

Mine as well. Sincerely sorry to hear that...I can't even imagine.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#32]
First ARFCOM poll to EVER have a 0% on a choice....(for now anyway)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
None of your business.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Not me.  I know my father killed a man when he was younger, and it haunted him for the rest of his life.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
None of your business.

Ok....thanks for posting
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die

In all seriousness, though..

Quoted:

That is hard core.. I don't know if I could do that. Sign off on it, maybe, but not pull the plug myself. You're a stronger man than me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I was present at an automobile accident and was trying to comfort a 20 yr old girl who was beyond hope. Crushed under her car and gasping for air. There was literally nothing I could do except stroke her hair and tell her not to worry...the ambulance will be here soon.

She died looking straight into my eyes...I still wake up sometimes dreaming about those eyes....Unlike John F Kerry's memory, this one is seared into my memory. It is the only time I witnessed a person's life expire.

Is that close enough?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I never had to, thank God, but I have a friend who did.  He was a bike patrol cop, and a guy they were chasing pointed a rifle at him, and he fired.  First fatal police shooting here in over 20 years.  He left the force soon after that, but after a few years he went back into LE.  Very great guy, and I hope it doesn't still trouble him.  That stuff can really mess with you.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#39]
one time I killed a 6 pack of beer just to watch it die
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die

In all seriousness, though..

Quoted:

That is hard core.. I don't know if I could do that. Sign off on it, maybe, but not pull the plug myself. You're a stronger man than me.

I think I'd feel worse not doing it. If you've got the guts to say you think it should be done when everyone is sitting around a table discussing it ... then to say "I don't want to be the one to do it though" when the time comes ... makes you seem less than confident that it is the right choice. There were a couple cables. My mom did one too.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I have never killed anyone. But I dolled out some server taunting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes I have.  No details here though.

Ohh yeah IBTL
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#43]
My father killed an intruder about 10 years ago..It was a pretty freaky story....killed him with a colt commander .45 ACP....I showed up about 20 minutes after....long story, but.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Don't see your point, but as for the post you took that from, doesn't bother me if it's for a good reason...whether it's human or otherwise. Plenty of good reasons to kill some animals and some humans. Plenty of regretable reasons too.

Agreed and not ment as a bash, just observation.
CH

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Nope.  A friend of mine once killed a carjacker who was carrying a shotgun.  Poor guy.  Probably the nicest, most genuine person I know and that asshole had to put him in that situation.  I can't imagine how that must feel.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll reply to my own thread, for what it's worth.

I have not killed another human being, though there's no doubt in my mind that I would if it was justified.

I sat in the same courtroom with the piece of human shit that murdered my aunt. I sat through days of evidence and eye witness testimony, photographs and all the rest. He was in a bike gang in Florida, was in the same bar my aunt was. He groped her repeatedly at the bar while she was talking with friends. Finally, she turned and slapped him across his face, once...and told him to leave her alone.

He was "entertaining" another guy, a biker from OH and wanted him to see that his gang "don't take no shit"....so they waited for her to come out of the bar, stuffed her in the trunk of a car, took her out to the woods and tied her to a tree. He then proceeded to shoot her from the legs up with 3 different types of firearms....ultimately hitting her in the chest and head.

They left her there tied to the tree, only to be found 3 days later. My mom was called in to the medical examiners office and had to identify her sister.

As I sat in the same room with this piece of shit, I knew then that there is a time and place to take anothers life. His life. I have no reservations what so ever that I would kill him if I could. And yes, I'd take a great deal of very superficial pleasure in the act. I say superficial, because to me, ending a life like his would be no more than pulling a weed from a garden.

That's my story....thanks to those that shared yours.

Edited to add: He was convicted & as a disclaimer for the ubber PC, I have no intentions of commiting ANY crimes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I'll reply to my own thread, for what it's worth.

I have not killed another human being, though there's no doubt in my mind that I would if it was justified.

I sat in the same courtroom with the piece of human shit that murdered my aunt. I sat through days of evidence and eye witness testimony, photographs and all the rest. He was in a bike gang in Florida, was in the same bar my aunt was. He groped her repeatedly at the bar while she was talking with friends. Finally, she turned and slapped him across his face, once...and told him to leave her alone.

He was "entertaining" another guy, a biker from OH and wanted him to see that his gang "don't take no shit"....so they waited for her to come out of the bar, stuffed her in the trunk of a car, took her out to the woods and tied her to a tree. He then proceeded to shoot her from the legs up with 3 different types of firearms....ultimately hitting her in the chest and head.

They left her there tied to the tree, only to be found 3 days later. My mom was called in to the medical examiners office and had to identify her sister.

As I sat in the same room with this piece of shit, I knew then that there is a time and place to take anothers life. His life. I have no reservations what so ever that I would kill him if I could. And yes, I'd take a great deal of very superficial pleasure in the act. I say superficial, because to me, ending a life like his would be no more than pulling a weed from a garden.

That's my story....thanks to those that shared yours.

Edited to add: He was convicted & as a disclaimer for the ubber PC, I have no intentions of commiting ANY crimes.

That's terrible man.  An acquaintance of mine had a similar thing happen to his son in law.  Some of his son in law's "friends" rented a cabin for his 20th birthday.  They told him they were going to go up there, they had a keg, and they were just going to sit around and have a guy's weekend.  This group of people, including the son in law, were into some illegal things, I must admit.  Mainly robbery and drugs, I believe, but nothing beyond highschool bullshit for the most part.  When they got to the cabin, they tied the son in law up and beat the shit out of him.  Shot him in the legs, shoulders, arms, etc.  Finally, they finished him off.  I forget the exact number of bullet wounds, but it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30, IIRC.

It took years for the men to be brought to trial, but they finally got a conviction about a year ago.  All of the men were in jail by that time for other crimes, and for his murder, they each got only a small amount of time added to their sentence.  10-20 years, or something like that.  

If he could have found them, I think my acquaintance would have done the exact same thing to each and every one of these men.  He was a pretty hardcore biker at one time himself but NEVER did anything like this.

It's sick what people are capable of.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
He wasn't talking about killing someone and throwing them into a woodchipper, dipshit. I think what the poster wanted to know was if you have ever legally killed a human outside of a U.S. war.

Oh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I was First Lt. on a cruiser.  For those that don't know what that means, it isn't a rank, it's a job title.  The First Lt. on most ships is responsible for deck seamanship, small boats, underway replenishment rigs, etc.  Kind of the equivalent of a Platoon Leader in the command structure.  Had 1 E-7. 1 E-6, , no E-5s, 4 E-4s and 63 non-rates.  About 6 months after I had transferred to another job on the ship, several of the guys that had worked for me, some I had trained, all of whom had reported to me had a brilliant idea and put it into motion without clearing it adequately up the chain.  That, some not paying attention  and some other coincidences resulted in dropping a motor whaleboat on to a sailor on the pier and killing him,  took him about an hour to die.  I knew him, too.  I got to take the pictures of the accident because our ship's photographer was not only not a good photographer  he hadn't had any forensic photography training.

That's haunted me for 25 years or so.  About 15 years later I ran into the retired Captain that had run the JAG investigation at work, brought it all back.  I keep wondering iff there was something I could have done differently, some training,  been more of a hard-ass about things,  something that might have prevented it, did I not do something.

That's close enough for me.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top