User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 11:53:55 AM EDT
www.990superduke.com/media/impressions/vid/vid_1.html

Lawyers, Guns, and Money ...Ah, Screw The Lawyers
ktm web-ad pushes many envelopes
by dean adams

Wednesday, September 22, 2004
Just when you thought corporate lawyers and, well, sanity had prevailed in the motorcycle advertising world, along comes an ad that dispels all of that.

The new KTM SuperDuke "streetfighter" ad is getting a lot of buzz on the information super hi-way this week. The 990cc v-twin powered bike is presented by KTM in sort of a music video format with bike and rider doing almost a litany of indescribably illegal acts on the street to a Megadeath-style soundtrack (with multiple F-bombs, by the way) and with even, dare we say it, borderline homo-erotic images of two shirtless men rolling around on the ground "fighting". All with nary a sole professional rider on closed course, always wear a helmet, etc" boilerplate stuck on it. Viable question: Does KTM even have a lawyer?

Knowing the legal climate in the US, you can rest assured that they soon will.

Click here to be transported to the KTM site. Broadband is probably required, and as they say on Fark--Not Safe For Work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets hope the rear suspension on the new bike uses a linkage instead of the style they use for their dirt bikes.  Pro KTM riders seem to have a real knack for getting themselves seriously injured.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The Duke is a sweet bike, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to make it to the U.S.  The 950 Adventure should be here again though.  I'm a dirt and woods junky myself.  The KTM 450 EX/C is my thumper of choice.

Not able to download video.  My computers on the way out.  Edit.... got it to work.  Looks like an average bike video to me.  Usually it's dirt bikers flying around in the air though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Euro-market ad. Far fewer disclaimers there. Could have also been targeted to dealers.

Very neat. I have ridden the 620 Duke, and found it to be a very good ride. I don't have a lot of off-road experience, but thought that it was well-balanced and nimble, which I am not.

This thing looks like it would kick the heck out of a Cagiva, and has got to be way less bucks than a BMW GS.

I suspect some of the video was CGI.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like KTM told the PC'ers to stick it up their ass..... headbang.gif

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
That guy in the video would fall in the B group of a Portland area ride up to Windy Ridge (Mt. St. Helens).    
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That guy in the video would fall in the B group of a Portland area ride up to Windy Ridge (Mt. St. Helens).    

I really gotta dual sport my pumpkin.  That's supposed to be a great ride with lots of 10mph twisties.  Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like loads of fun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought it was AWESOME........KTM makes a darn fine bike!

ROCK ON KTM!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Seem like my SOP a while back.  

I rode my Aprilia with ear buds and a walkman once.  Playing some nice heavy metal and trance music.  I rode like a mad man!  Last time I did that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That soundtrack is "Megadeth style"? Oh wait they said "Megadeath" wtf is that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top