Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 11:50:49 AM EDT
The parole board might have made a mistake letting this one go...

Man arrested in connection with stabbing, body found in suitcase

Wednesday September 22, 2004

ONTARIO, Calif. (AP) Police arrested a man suspected of stabbing a woman he had just met at a Motel 6 and killing another woman whose body was stuffed in a suitcase.

The incident began when a man started a conversation with the woman at the pool area Tuesday and then allegedly stabbed her six times, police said.

The woman was being treated at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton.

Ontario police spokesman David McBride said her injuries were not life-threatening.

Officers investigating the attack found the suspect, identified as 23-year-old Mark Edward Thomas, hiding in a motel room and refusing to surrender. They used a taser gun to arrest Thomas, who was later booked for investigation of attempted murder and violating parole.

McBride said Thomas had been released from jail a few days ago.

The officers searched the room and found a suitcase containing the body of an unidentified woman. They were trying to determine how the woman was killed and how she ended up in Thomas' room.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
But I thought prison was for rehabilitation...not punishment....why wasn't he rehabilitated? Did our system fail him?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
But I thought prison was for rehabilitation...not punishment....why wasn't he rehabilitated? Did our system fail him?

Nope. Our system is neither rehabilitation or punishment. It's simply storage, warehousing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

yep just doing time you cant rehab em.

By the way guys didn't it say Jail meaning he was probably in for some smaller crime.

Amazing how these Ex cons can trick woman into meeting them places, sneaky bastard.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope he didn't stab the victim with a fixed bayonet.

What a psycho. He needs to spend the rest of his (few remaining) days somewhere far away from humans.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep just doing time you cant rehab em.

By the way guys didn't it say Jail meaning he was probably in for some smaller crime.

Parole is for state prison/felonies

Probation is for county jail/misdemeanors

The average state prison inmate in Califronia has five prior felony convictions.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you guys expect, its California.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...Our system is neither rehabilitation or punishment. It's simply storage, warehousing crime college.

Edited for conciseness.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Amen, Bro.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

gee, what a clever statement.  Think of it yourself?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]

This sounds a lot like what happened in Fremont Cal. back in '98(?) Guy got out of prison on Thursday, Friday night he killed one woman and almost killed another, Monday he was back in custody for the murder. It's one of the reasons I left California.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nope. Our system is neither rehabilitation or punishment. It's simply storage, warehousing.

100% correct!

This guy needs the electric chair.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Some people just need to cease to be in order to be compatible with civilized society.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
You know, there never used to be long prison sentences before moedern day. It was usually death or a fine. Then when we started the long prison terms prison was hell. Look at what the first prisons where like, even in the early 1900's. You didn't want to go back. I think that sheriff in Texas is on the right track. Bring back chain gangs, hard labor and ass whoopins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top