Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 11:09:45 AM EDT
Pro's and cons ? Is it worth using ? Does it foul ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I use it,  It's nothing special.  It is grease, and not oil, so don't use it on tight fitting parts.  Sliding a FALs bolt carrier in the receiver is noticably more difficult with grease in the grooves as opposed to oil.  Not a real problem for range queens.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
It supposed to be really tough stuff, you just can't wipe it off. It has to be worn off. I've used it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I use it on all of my AR's bolt and carrier parts and on the barrel and slides of my pistols.  Stays on far longer than oil and does a great job.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info - Would it work sufficiently on the threads of a collapsible buttstock tube ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#5]
On the threads of the tube?
Why?  Are you having trouble getting it to screw in enough?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer FP-10, and the "grease" product they make as well.  Great shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Last heard, Tetra is WATER SOLUBLE.

If true, folks, that means if you get caught in the rain or fall into the drink, you lose your lubrication.

Use TW25B instead. NOT water soluble. I use it on all my weapons, no problems at all in 4 years.
(Well, except for one. I OVER LUBRICATED my P239 with TW25B and it gave me problems. Once I applied the grease AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN the problems stopped)

ETA: I checked their website and in their "Tech Info" section they compare Tetra to several other lubricants.

Except for TW25B. And there's a reason, but you'd have to talk to MilComm to find out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top