Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 10:46:02 AM EDT
Just got this email and I'm gonna be soooo rich, all you sucka's are gonna work for me...

"Attention:XXXXX,

My name is Mr Dave Emeotu; I am a chief auditor with a reputable bank here in my country. I would want to use this medium after going through your profile to seek for your assistance in a business transaction which is of mutual benefit.

A foreigner late Mr.David XXXXX, a citizen of your country,an Oil
Merchant/Contractor with the Federal Government, until his death in a ship mishap, who banked with us at our Bank and had a closing balance of US$21.5 million which the bank now expect any of his available next of kin to claim. To this regards, I have been directed by the Board of Trustees of the bank to notify the diseased next of kin, which I have done and found out that he has no next of kin,which means that this funds will be lost to the government, which we all know will be stolen.

In order to avert this development,myself and some of my trusted
colleagues in the bank now seek your indulgence to have you stand as next of kin being that you have the same last name with him,so that the fund will be subsequently transferred and paid into your foreign account.On indicating your interest,all documents and proofs to enable you get this funds will be carefully worked out and we are assuring you a 100% risk free transaction. You will be allowed to retain 30% of the total amount after the transaction.

If this proposal is okay by you,and you wish to take advantage of the trust bestowed on you,kindly contact me including your telephone and fax numbers as well as your full names and contact address, to enable me furnish you with relevant details to this transaction.

Best regards,

Mr Dave Emeotu,"

[
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to the local bank, set up an account number, deposit no money and call him on his bs
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#2]
[RedvsBlue]Hello sir, I am Nigerian royalty.  Please send me money.  Please ignore the fact that I can't spell Nigerian.  Or royalty.[/RedvsBlue]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Hook a brutha up man!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, things must be rough over there.  I'm helping some poor guy in the Ivory Coast do the same thing.  My bank must be having trouble transferring that large amount of money into my checking account, though, because my account balance kept coming up blank yesterday.  I guess they'll have it cleared up soon.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I am a chief auditor with a reputable bank here in my country.[/quote

Hell I'd trust him
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#6]
OMG!
I can't believe this scam is still going around! I got that something like 5 years ago!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I get at least one every two weeks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hook a brutha up man!

BigDozer66

You got it!

As soon as the riches start rolling in, consider yourself hooked.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
im pretty sure my hubby got that SAME one! lol
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#10]
[black magazine salesman from the HIT MOVIE Office Space]  Hello sir, I am state your name.  I used to be addicted to crack cocaine, but now I am the chief auditor of a reputible financial institution in my country.  I have an exicting, but limited time offer for you... [/blah blah blah]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A foreigner late Mr.David XXXXX, a citizen of your country,an Oil
Merchant/Contractor with the Federal Government, until his death in a ship mishap, who banked with us at our Bank and had a closing balance of US$21.5 million which the bank now expect any of his available next of kin to claim. To this regards, I have been directed by the Board of Trustees of the bank to notify the diseased next of kin, which I have done and found out that he has no next of kin,which means that this funds will be lost to the government, which we all know will be stolen.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I GET FIVE DIFFERENT SOURCES LATELY ALL IN A WEEK...BUMMER WISH I CASN HELP.. BUT THIS WILL PUT ME IN SHIT OF TROUBLES..
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I never get them, they must know Im a broke bastard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top