Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 8:37:44 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with these?  There are websites that actually have stuff like this.  I always thought it was a joke when someone said "He ordered himself a mail order bride"  but I guess they do exist.  I guess they would be good for the antisocial person?  Anyone care to chime in on this?

BTW, I am not looking to this but I know some old guys that it just might work for.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
BTW, I am not looking to this but I know some old guys that it just might work for.

liar, you're just lonely and horny
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
As noted in my other posts, if I feel the need I hit the bar.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I know a guy who got one.
He fits your criteria perfectly.
All in all he's fairly normal, he's just not a social person.
So I guess this arrangment works for him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]
its pricy.  you have to be real carefull, some women are true and faithfull and others.... otherwise its a scam. the Russians are bad for the scam part.  its not a poor boys game.  Ronald
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
what kind of cost are you talking her?? thousands and thousands?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I actuall worked with two guys that had went this route.  Both of them got their wives from the Phillipines.  Last time I heard, they were still married after 8+ years.  One of the ladies was a chiropractor, but if she wanted to work she'd have to go through all the training again because her schooling in the Phillipines is not accredited over here, or something like that.

I imagine that alot of these women see it as a way to migrate to the states and become a citizen, so proceed with caution.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Do a google search on mail order brides.  You'll be amazed at what comes up.  I saw one place advertising summer specials.  That's unreal!  

I'm glad I'm married.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]
You proabaly get one over here and everything will be fine for a while.  Then after watching Oprah for a year she will divorce you and take half of your guns.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#9]
they are trading their vag for a US passport. its ok i guess. having a mail order bride is like saying "Help, i cant get laid"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I used to work at a print shop that printed catalogs for one of the mail-order-bride companies.  The quality of the women declined RAPIDLY as you got farther into the catalog.  The hot ones and the ones in swimsuits (not always the same thing) went on the cover and the first 3 or 4 pages.  Then you started getting the older ones, the heavier ones, the "closing time" lookers.  Towards the back of the catalog, you had the Bea Arthur types.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#11]
They had a great special on this on cable one time. Turns out that alot of them do the "marry you, get over here, and after getting citizenship, they accuse you of beating them" scam, and then you go to jail and they get it all.

I'm sure that some of them are quite sincere, but separating the wheat from the chaff would be a bitch.

ETA: I knew a guy at a job i had, he did this Mail Order Bride deal.

He was a pretty goofy looking guy, kinda goofy/scary looking, if you know what I mean. Anyway, he married some asian chick, and she wasnt' too bad looking from when I saw her at a company party.

One day he's in the training room on the phone, and he starts yelling "NO, NO, YOU CAN'T GO BACK, THE AIRPORT IS CLOSED, THE EMBASSY IS CLOSED" and then slams the phone down and knocks a table over.  Nearby coworkers freaked out, some were heading for the exits... LOL

A week or so later he's walking down the hallway, limping.
A coworker asked, "Hey, what's wrong with your leg?"
He says, "Oh, Mai Lin stabbed me in the leg last night while I was sleeping..."

WTF!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I have friends that bought Filipinos, one divorced shortly therafter and the other is still married.

I have heard that the Russian brides are simply greedy whoremongers who will take you cash and leave you in the dust, that's only what I have heard, nothing to back that up with.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the ones with teeth are quite expensive ...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have heard that the Russian brides are simply greedy whoremongers who will take you cash and leave you in the dust...........

And that makes them different from domestic brides how?Oh, come on.  I'm kidding!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't believe no one has said,

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!

or

GROUP BUY!

yet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

or

GROUP BUY!

yet.

Russian or Philipino?   GET BOTH !
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

or

GROUP BUY!

yet.

How's this?

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
No, but I heard the shipping cost is a bitch.  And might also get banged up by UPS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#20]
What do they charge for shipping? Do they go UPS or what?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do they have them in the PX catalog? maybe this could be the solution to the banning of soldiers hiring hookers?

WHO BANNED HOOKERS FOR SOLDIERS??? THATS JUST WRONG!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Very costly.  In the end you spend big $$ flying back and forth visiting the bride to be.  She can back out any time before the wedding.  

Once it's concrete you fill out some papers and fly out to Wed.  A few weeks later and some paperwork at the Embassy you both fly back to the us.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No, but I heard shipping is a bitch.  And might also get banged up by UPS.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#24]
forgoe the relationship BS, and get something that always puts out when you want...

www.realdoll.com/
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
forgoe the relationship BS, and get something that always puts out when you want...

www.realdoll.com/

Dude, that is truely pathetic.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.realdoll.com/

Dude, that is truely pathetic.  

hey, I first learned about that site on ARFCOM!  lol
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#28]
All kidding aside there was a show on Discovery or something like it about the whole mail order bride process a few months ago.  They basically followed 3 guys to Russia or one of the eastern block countries and back to the US again.  It was an interesting show but didn't paint the whole process in a favorable light.  I felt kinda bad for the guys because they spent a ton of money and still didn't find what they were looking for.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
As noted in my other posts, if I feel the need I hit the bar.  

Would this be the Blue Oyster bar?
Just kidding, if you really know what that bar is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top