Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 7:44:43 AM EDT
The Trib says Kerry Knew (link)

The Kerry campaign and CBS

Lockhart's explanation to The Wall Street Journal of why he contacted Burkett raised more questions than it answered: "The Saturday before the `60 Minutes' story, the CBS producer contacted me and said someone who had been helpful to them on the story had been trying to reach the Kerry campaign, wanted to talk to someone on the campaign. She gave me the guy's number. It was Burkett. I called the guy. ... We talked for three or four minutes about the swift-boat controversy. He believed our response was inadequate, that Kerry should push back about the Vietnam experience. I thanked him for his advice. End of the story."

Not exactly. Kerry adviser Michael McCurry now says Lockhart recently told Mary Beth Cahill, Kerry's campaign manager, about the conversation. McCurry says Cahill then told Kerry.

A trusting person would conclude the CBS producer pulled strings to do what her source couldn't: put him in touch with a top Kerry aide. But a cynical person would ask precisely what Lockhart knew about the story Mapes was reporting--and would demand to know who was telling what to whom when Lockhart and Burkett spoke. Also: As questions swirled about Burkett, who was publicly identified as a possible source of the memos on Sept. 12, why didn't Kerry's campaign quickly reveal its contact with Burkett to pre-empt any suggestion of collusion?

comment : for the next 46 days repeat after me....

What did Kerry Know???.....When did He Know It????
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Kerry is known to be a very "hands-on" boss.  He is active in EVERY aspect of his day-to-day operations and this campaign.

There is absolutely NO WAY he did not know.  This is why the Kerry campaign was just about to launch the big Bush beating ads, "Fortunate Son", in total concert with the phony and fraudulent documents.  They just didn't think they'd get caught.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top