Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 7:29:20 AM EDT
Do you know who your state GOP leader is?

Do you follow the party at all? Or do you just stamp yourself with the label and accept whatever definition that brings with it?

Are you active in your local party? Are you ever involved in your local central committee?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
No.....please....educate me.....

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, neither on a national or local level.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Do you follow the party at all? Or do you just stamp yourself with the label and accept whatever definition that brings with it?

Are you active in your local party? Are you ever involved in your local central committee?

yes.
yes. no
yes. no.

now come on down off your high horse.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No.....please....educate me.....

SGatr15

Oh I have been trying to do that for a while now.

BTW... this isn't a thread about bashing the GOP, it's a thread to inquire as to how many so-called staunch Republican supporters on this site actually put their money where their mouth is and gets involved.

And I don't mean sending a check to the Bush campaign either.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you know who your state GOP leader is? yes

Do you follow the party at all? yes Or do you just stamp yourself with the label and accept whatever definition that brings with it? no

Are you active in your local party? yes Are you ever involved in your local central committee? yes

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a Republican.  I just vote that way.

All Libertarians care about is dope legalization.  Bores the crap out of me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not a high horse. Garandman suggested in another thread that I was schitzophrenic in my attitude towards the GOP... being so heavily involved but so disgusted with the inner workings from the local and state level from the corruption side.

Now I am not saying these things to be casting doubt on GWB or the party as a whole in reference to the Dumbocrats as being different or better. They are worse.

But to disparage an effort to get involved because of motivation from not liking the direction of the party is silly at best.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BTW... this isn't a thread about bashing the GOP, it's a thread to inquire as to how many so-called staunch Republican supporters on this site actually put their money where their mouth is and gets involved.

I'm an nowhere near a staunch Republican supporter.  In this race however, I am a staunch President Bush supporter.

I hope I used the word 'staunch' correctly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#9]
This election is really eating away at you isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This election is really eating away at you isn't it?

No... the current abysmal state of the GOP in Ohio is eating away at me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Let's see......Nope. Mostly because the GOP leader in NJ is probably way more liberal than your average Democrat in most other states.

Let's see....yep. Followed how they shafted Shundler in his bid for .guv when their chosen boy Franks got slapped down by the people. And that would be a nope. I've more than once opted third party in this hellhole.

Let's see....nope and nope. Not much point, considering
A) the part machine here is so borked that the only realistic chance for change is to take a flamethrower to the state house
B) I can't even get enough time from work to go shooting (last time I did there was SNOW on the ground), much less anything else.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#14]
All this time I thought it was exclusive yacht parties, foozball tourneys, and raunchy wet t-shirt contests....oh and some big business too.  If that's not happening then I'm gonna start calling myself an independant.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I do everthing you listed, and am very active in our County party and am committed to getting Bush back in.

Because I don't agree with the current size of the military, and the ROE for Iraq, I am labeled as anti-Bush by the fair weather GOPers here.

Some of them even threaten to call the party bosses to 'turn me in'.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Let me give you a direct example in real time here.

I am on the campaign committee for a GOP candidate for County Commissioner.

For the upcoming election, she is entitled to some funding from the State GOP for direct mailings/advertisements.

Except, that in order to get the money, she has to place the order with a designated printing company and only order a specific type of mailer (full color glossy expensive, yaddie yaddie).

Her whole campaign has been grassroots and about fiscal reform. She's also an advocate of local economic development -- which means she has a preference to spend her money with a local printer.

No, the state party dictates what you do with the money that they give you -- including who you spend it with (who happens to be a big contributing supporter yaddie yaddie)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Why yes, I am active in the party.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Let me give you a direct example in real time here.

I am on the campaign committee for a GOP candidate for County Commissioner.

For the upcoming election, she is entitled to some funding from the State GOP for direct mailings/advertisements.

Except, that in order to get the money, she has to place the order with a designated printing company and only order a specific type of mailer (full color glossy expensive, yaddie yaddie).

Her whole campaign has been grassroots and about fiscal reform. She's also an advocate of local economic development -- which means she has a preference to spend her money with a local printer.

No, the state party dictates what you do with the money that they give you -- including who you spend it with (who happens to be a big contributing supporter yaddie yaddie)

Tell her not to be such an "Economic Gurhlie-man"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#19]
No... I believe that it's wrong. She believes that it's wrong. A lot of us believe that this sort of crony capitalism is wrong. It's gotten so corrupt and it's going to break under its own weight.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you know who your state GOP leader is? yes

Do you follow the party at all? yes Or do you just stamp yourself with the label and accept whatever definition that brings with it? no

Are you active in your local party? yes Are you ever involved in your local central committee? yes

+1

And the State Executive Committee, FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No... I believe that it's wrong. She believes that it's wrong. A lot of us believe that this sort of crony capitalism is wrong. It's gotten so corrupt and it's going to break under its own weight.

The money comes with strings attached. If you don't like the conditions, don't take the money. After all, it's not your money to start with. You are making a mountain of a mole hill. Of course, you are really good at that, so stick with what you know.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I tend to have better insight to discuss the inner-workings of your colon than the RNC
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
Yes.

I don't agree 100% with the local or state GOP.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Garandman suggested in another thread that I was schitzophrenic in my attitude towards the GOP... being so heavily involved but so disgusted with the inner workings from the local and state level from the corruption side.

You DO leave me puzzled, bro.

Not everywhere is like it is in Ohio.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top