Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:31:29 AM EDT
The interviews go to ask both him and bush about Right to Bear arms, The AWB, do they hunt, etc. etc. Bush said the same old AWB was fine if they didnt add anything to it, Kerry had all of the facts and figures the 1 in5 cops is killed with an assault weapon, and said he didnt want to ban semi auto shotguns.

After they both claim they hunt and tell what and when. They were both asked what their favorite Gun was ?

Bush's Answer: A Weatherby Athena 20 guage.

Kerry's Answer: the M16 that saved him and his crew in Vietnam, and although he doesnt have one  , He states that he does have a Chinese Assault Weapon as a Reminder of his time there.

What the fuck; He gives 2 and they are  Both Evil, and shouldnt be allowed in the hands of normal citizens according to him and Frownstein.  

Actual text quoted:

OL: Do you support a renewal of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, a bill that outlawed certain models of semi-automatic firearms? Why or why not?

Bush: The best way to reduce gun crime is to vigorously enforce existing gun laws, so that guns are kept out of the hands of criminals but are not denied to responsible and law-abiding citizens. I support reauthorization of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, but I oppose additions to or expansion of the ban.

My administration has proven that enforcing existing gun laws is a highly effective strategy of combating violent crime. My administration has devoted over $1 billion, since 2001, to Project Safe Neighborhoods, my initiative for enforcing existing gun laws, and has succeeded in increasing the rate of gun crime prosecutions by 68 percent during the last three years. At the same time, the violent crime victimization rate has dropped by 21 percent.

Kerry: Yes, I support extending the assault weapons ban. The weapons that are the subject of this ban are not used for hunting, and extending this ban will not infringe on the rights of any Americans to hunt, including those who hunt with semi-automatic shotguns. It will, however, help police deal with the violence that we are witnessing in too many American cities. Today, one in five law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty is killed with an assault weapon. Innocent citizens continue to be caught in automatic weapon crossfire on city streets. Simply put, I stand with the police officers who have called for extending the ban. Police officers who put their lives on the line every day should not be outgunned by the criminals they are seeking to stop.

OL: Do you hunt?

Bush: I do hunt and I enjoy it very much. In fact, I spent New Year’s Day hunting quail with my dad, some friends and cabinet members in southern Texas.

Kerry: Yes. I started hunting and shooting with my family when I was 12 years old. It taught me responsibility and respect for the outdoors. As President I will make conservation of the outdoors and preservation of hunters’ rights a priority so that another generation of Americans can pass on these values to their children and grandchildren.

OL: Do you fish?

Bush: My father passed on his love of fishing to me, and I have passed it along to my own daughters. We have a pond on my ranch in Crawford, and on an April fishing trip, I caught the biggest fish of the day—a 4-pound bass. I like to let the big ones go, and keep the smaller ones for eating.

Kerry: Yes. I have fished all my life. As with hunting, it is a great way for me to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

OL: Are you a gun owner? If so, what is your favorite gun?

Bush: Yes. My favorite gun is a Weatherby, Athena 20-gauge (over/under).

Kerry: My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam. I don’t own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese Assault Rifle.

Full text hereOutdoor Life Bush/Kerry Interview
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
This month's field and stream has interviews with both of them too. Nothing new in either of them.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just great to see him contradict himself and his values once again.

Can You say

FLIP- FLOP
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I am so sick of Skerr'ys flip flopin,  just stick to something, Jesus Christ how much shit will one man pull for an election he'll never win. And don't even get me started on that crazy bitch wife of his
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top