Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 10:30:30 PM EDT
The break-in Saturday night

Tonight, just after midnight, I'm turning into the road next to the gunstore, coming home from work. Over the car stereo, I hear the store's alarm, and I think "Oh, shit, here we go again." I look for any sign of my neighbor (who happens to be the owner's son), but see no sign of activity. This soon after the break-in Saturday night, I figure it could be a false alarm, so I quickly walk around the side of the building to verify the alarm. I see my neighbor crouched behind the large brick planter out front, with his riot gun in his hands. Seeing me, he says in a low voice that there may still be someone inside. I told him that I'd be right back, and  hauled ass to my house to grab my carbine, and return to take up a position on the other side of the planter, which is about 15 ft wide. The Cop arrives about 10 minutes later, and (I really couldn't believe this) asks me to take up a position covering the rear of the building until back-up arrives, which I do. About 15 minutes after that, another 2 Cops arrive, and one comes around the side of the building, to see me in position. I waved to him to sort of let him know that I'm on his side, and he comes over to join me. I had positioned myself out where it was lit by a floodlight, mainly so the Cops would be able to quickly identify me as no threat. When he arrives where I was, he didn't even bat an eye at my weapon. All he said was "I think we'd have a better position over there", pointing to a large tree at the corner of the lot, so we moved to where he suggested. We wait about 20 minutes while the building is cleared, and when he gets word that all is clear, I went and put my weapon in the house. This time, nothing was broken, other than the lock on the door, and nothing was taken.

The Sheriff's deputies were all armed with Sig 9mm's & Maglites(although the new Sheriff will be changing that, from what they told me)
The owner's son was armed with an S&W M19, and a Mossberg M590A1 and a Maglite
I was armed with my BM M4gery w/ a Surefire 6P mounted on the bore axis
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
LOL  

Your last couple of sentences sound just like my girlfriend after a party but a little different.

"And Marcie was wearing a Liz Clairborne black skirt and blouse with black tights and Nine West pumps.  And Sharon was wearing etc...  blah blah blah.

I like yours better.  

LoL

Crazy story Zardoz!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn!  Cool cops man.  Around here, even being a gun friendly state, the police would probably kill you on the spot.  I realize why police don't like citizen interference, but still.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damn!  Cool cops man.  Around here, even being a gun friendly state, the police would probably kill you on the spot.  I realize why police don't like citizen interference, but still.

I think they didn't see me or the owner's son as interference, but more like seriously armed back-up, especially when all they had were 9mm handguns, and there's no telling what someone who broke into a gun store might have been armed with by the time they got there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
You get to play rambo 2x in 3 days! I don't know if I'm jealous of you or I feel sorry for you. Good job though. Maybe you should set up an ambush or something, or do you think two different crews who did this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
you got the best gun in the lot!--just need a tac vest w/ 10+ mags
yall were covering a GUN store after all; bad guys might use some of those firearms

thanks for the tip about the gun light; been putting that off till now

stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top