Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 8:13:04 PM EDT
Are you legally entitled to in an 8 hour day? Basically I'm trying to get this bitch fired at work that has a drug problem. I've posted in the past on ideas on how to get rid of her but nothing has worked yet. I even caught her at home once(on my day off), in a company truck, on company time and she still works for us. She averages 7-9 bathroom stops a in a 7 and a half hour stretch (the time we work together). Each bathroom break is about 5 minutes long. Do the math. That's alot of time wasted "recharging batteries". Another board member can help back me up on this, but the bitch needs to go.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a person is generally entitled to as many trips to the head as deemed necessary by the bladder and/or bowels. If the subject co-worker has such a problem, and the problem is generally known to the management, who's to blame, the crack-head or the management structure that puts up with it? Maybe you should seek employment at a company that won't tolerate such BS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I work with blue and can vouch for this shit. The lunch room is right next to the bathroom and I have heard her in there doing god knows what for 5 mins or more, then she leaves without turning on the sink. She does flush so either she is a nasty ho and doesnt wash her hands or she isnt going to the bathroom. Blue...did she ever get in trouble for meeting up with her old man on the way back form one of her runs?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Around here they used to only want to give us one a day, I never got much trouble from them over taking more though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Why don't they just give here a drug test and can her ass?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
There is NO legal limit on how many times someone can go to the restroom.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I drink a lot of water so it a trip every 2 hrs for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I work with blue and can vouch for this shit. The lunch room is right next to the bathroom and I have heard her in there doing god knows what for 5 mins or more, then she leaves without turning on the sink. She does flush so either she is a nasty ho and doesnt wash her hands or she isnt going to the bathroom. Blue...did she ever get in trouble for meeting up with her old man on the way back form one of her runs?

I think it's just time we find new jobs. This place sucks. They don't do any drug testing and don't care about the general publics safety and let drug addicts drive delivery trucks around high all day long. She must have dirt (or be fucking somebody) on someone here because if it was anyone else she'd be fired by now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Try alerting the better business beureau (sp?)
I'm not entirely sure about the law, but I'm thinking there's some sort of standard they have to maintain. Most certainly if they have addicts driving trucks around high. they are not only a menace to those that work there, but everyone else on the road as well.

What would it take for them to drug test the employees? A traffic accident that kills someone?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What would it take for them to drug test the employees? A traffic accident that kills someone?

Doubt that'd even work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I am allowed as many as I want, same with smoke breaks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top