Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2004 7:03:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
OK...Why? It's just a gun related threaded discussion group.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
pop open a cold one
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
ignore the poster 2 above me.

I feel the same way ben. All this recent stuff hit me when I got back from school.

Never know what is gonna happen.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well... if that's all you see it as, then you've never spent time meeting some of the people on here, talking with them on the phone, going out to get pizza with them, shooting with them, etc...

And that's okay. Just don't apply your own attitude to everyone on here and expect everyone to have the same experience the same way that you do.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

do you ever stop??
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Did I mention... camping with them, drinking with them, sharing good stories and laughs with them, going to gun shows with them, fighting to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights with them...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do you ever stop??

Yes.  I was just asking a simple question.  There are a lot of other things going on in the world far worse than any crybaby pissing match cuz someone does not agree with your opinion thread crap...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree. Today unfortunately has been particularly depressing. Not only do we have so many bad stories in the news, but it seems the folks here are starting to turn on each other.

I sure hope tomorrow is better. If not I may have to take an absence from here for a few days and let all this stuff die down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Doesn't crap like this happen every 6 months?

I'm gonna drink a beer to all those arfcommers who freaked out, burned out, or were chased out over the years.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet some of them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Did I mention... camping with them, drinking with them, sharing good stories and laughs with them, going to gun shows with them, fighting to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights with them...

No you didn't mention those in the first post.  those are however things that would occour outside the board.  I have done a few things with a few people here.  but I catch too mcuh shit from people for stupid shit.  I post pics of my Viper and get all kinds of BS emails and IM's.  I post info about my house and get the same.  People get all bent out of shape over silly crap.

Like my reply above says.  There are plenty of other things going on in the real world to be bummed about.  I asked a simple question, but those who harbor resentment for reasons I won't go into...at least yet feel the need to flame or somethng.  I really did want to know what he was bummin for.  We got arbitrary censoship going on, we got all kinds of anger towrds the enemy, we got all kinds of infighting.  What is he bummin about.  Simple question.  Quit taking it so personally, shit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, this place makes me sad when good people get accounts locked, good people are forced to leave, and fucking asshat trolls continue to spam the site at will without punishment.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Well... you should consider yourself quite naieve to what the Internet is if you believe that what happens on here or any other site is some sort of fantasyland that doesn't really exist.

Let me clue you in on something. I happen to personally know and consider myself friends with a few of the people involved here tonight on both sides of the equation.

The words you read on a screen on this fantasyland website (that doesn't really exist) only got there because -- a real human being on the other end of the wire typed them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

do you ever stop??

Yes.  I was just asking a simple question.  There are a lot of other things going on in the world far worse than any crybaby pissing match cuz someone does not agree with your opinion thread crap...

Dude, are you running for toilet fish of the year? Each and every post of yours is total bullshit. Personally, while I thought Balzac was a tool, I'd rather see him back and YOU banned.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

do you ever stop??

its a lot more than just a "gun related threaded discussion group"  this is a metting place for  gun enthusiasts all across the counrty.  We gain realationships with fellow members and grow to enjoy talking with eachother.  If you fell the way you do why do you spend so much time here and love to talk in the GD forum  if it is just a "gun related threaded discussion group" then stay out of here and go talk about guns during your whole visit here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well... you should consider yourself quite naieve to what the Internet is if you believe that what happens on here or any other site is some sort of fantasyland that doesn't really exist.

Let me clue you in on something. I happen to personally know and consider myself friends with a few of the people involved here tonight on both sides of the equation.

The words you read on a screen on this fantasyland website (that doesn't really exist) only got there because -- a real human being on the other end of the wire typed them.

Whoooa  OK  That's pretty far out.  I guess well shit I don't guess.  So much for a simple answer to a simple question.  I'll just assume your bummed out about everything on the board cuz my rosseta stone didn't work on what you just said.

Sorry the sites got you down...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes, this place makes me sad when good people get accounts locked, good people are forced to leave, and fucking asshatar50 trolls continue to spam the site at will without punishment.

+1fuckingmillion

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Dude, are you running for toilet fish of the year? Each and every post of yours is total bullshit. Personally, while I thought Balzac was a tool, I'd rather see him back and YOU banned.

No dude I am not running for anything.  I'm sorry you think my post of the pics of the 343 dead FDNY firefighters is bullshit.  There are others that I don't think are bullshit as well.  But perhaps you just made an mistake by saying all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, this place makes me sad when good people get accounts locked, good people are forced to leave, and fucking asshatar50 trolls continue to spam the site at will without punishment.

+1fuckingmillion

In my best HAL from 2001 voice, "I'm sorry Dave.  I'm not trying to Spam the board."  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1fuckingmillion

In my best HAL from 2001 voice, "I'm sorry Dave.  I'm not trying to Spam the board."  

shut up ......stop making me laugh.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No dude I am not running for anything.  I'm sorry you think my post of the pics of the 343 dead FDNY firefighters is bullshit.  There are others that I don't think are bullshit as well.  But perhaps you just made an mistake by saying all.

What's BS is that you have 2218 posts, been here for over three years, and could'nt come up with a measley $20.00 for the info you get here.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you MUST be a tard, I didn't remark about your pic, I do however think your are the fly ridden oriface from which bullshit comes though! Anymore brilliant replies left in you, Einstein?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's BS is that you have 2218 posts, been here for over three years, and could'nt come up with a measley $20.00 for the info you get here.

This is not my first account either.  I have been her longer. I don't want to buy one because I disagree with a lot of the things you guys are bitching about in other threads.  I got my name from a now wing clipped mod.  Garandman is the SOLE reason I have not bought a membership.  now that he has been stripped of mod duties, you may have a valid point.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#26]
well I guess thats a first, AR50troll hasnt responded to my post
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Dude, you MUST be a tard, I didn't remark about your pic, I do however think your are the fly ridden oriface from which bullshit comes though! Anymore brilliant replies left in you, Einstein?

We can keep the hijack of this thread up all night if you want.
BTW It's orifice.  How's that for brilliant?  Man you walked right into that one for sure...
Sorry...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#28]
**BACKING OUT** I so don't want to get this thread locked...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Doesn't matter. Get it locked. Who gives a shit anyway? It's just fantasyland to ar50troll anyway... I mean, he claims that his beef was with garandman being a mod, which hasn't been the case for over 2 years now... I mean... what more fantasy la la la do you need from one guy?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
well I guess thats a first, AR50troll hasnt responded to my post

Ohh I'm sorry I missed it.  Actually there are folks from all over the world, not just the US here.
I enjoy the GD forum just as much as they next guy.  But at the end of the day it is a private owned site.  The CoC is the peoperty of GB and family.  We have to abide by his rules.  It does little good to get overly emotional here.  it's not productive.  So amny poeple like to name call and cannot handle a civil discussion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Doesn't matter. Get it locked. Who gives a shit anyway? It's just fantasyland to ar50troll anyway... I mean, he claims that his beef was with garandman being a mod, which hasn't been the case for over 2 years now... I mean... what more fantasy la la la do you need from one guy?

I wouldn't say it's a fantasy land.  But it is pretty nebulous.  Nothing fantasy about it.  Garandman abused his Mod powers back then plain and simple.  Nothing fantasy about that at all.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
**BACKING OUT** I so don't want to get this thread locked...

Hey I wasn't trying to piss you off.  You asked for a brilliant reply and got one.  And God knows the spelling Nazis get me all the time too.
Try to save your anger for the antis....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#33]
And what does that have to do with your tirade response to my expression that some days this place makes me sad?

I tried to spell it out for you, but your Enigma Machine was obviously a cheap knockoff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
And what does that have to do with your tirade response to my expression that some days this place makes me sad?

I tried to spell it out for you, but your Enigma Machine was obviously a cheap knockoff.

Nothing I actually said it was getting hijacked and to get back on topic, but other continue to flame.  If someone calls you out, then you have the right to reply.  Not sure what you mean by enigma machine though.  And once again, sorry this place bums you out from time to time.  It seems every time we have a behaeding or other atrocity this place get's pretty charged and pepople really cut loose.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
pop open a cold one

Or even an "Xtra cold one"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing I actually said it was getting hijacked and to get back on topic, but other continue to flame.  If someone calls you out, then you have the right to reply.  Not sure what you mean by enigma machine though.  And once again, sorry this place bums you out from time to time.  It seems every time we have a behaeding or other atrocity this place get's pretty charged and pepople really cut loose.

You know what a Rosetta Stone is, but not an Enigma Machine.

Google is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Doesn't crap like this happen every 6 months?

I'm gonna drink a beer to all those arfcommers who freaked out, burned out, or were chased out over the years.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet some of them.

You have to be here six months to know what happens every six months!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Did I miss something?

I obviously missed something as I've no idea what any of you are talking about.
What's got you down BenDover?
I mean I can tell that apparently someone got lock/booted, but I've no idea what that's all about.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Does ar50troll ever shut the fuck up?  

Time to ar50troll's reply... will be edited!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What exactly is making you sad???

No one is as much of an arse as they try to be in this forum.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You know me - people either love me or hate me.

None are ambivolent to me.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know me - people either love me or hate me.

None are ambivolent to me.  

Just think Gman, for 2 years now you have OWNED this MoFo!!

He's been your bitch and you didn't even know it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:35:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

I know. Can you take him now????? PLEASE????!?!?!??!?!?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

No, You wore him out and now he's just bitter.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Did I miss something?

I obviously missed something as I've no idea what any of you are talking about.
What's got you down BenDover?
I mean I can tell that apparently someone got lock/booted, but I've no idea what that's all about.

A bunch of good people got emotional over the beheading and posted some rantings. That got them booted. Things escalated and even a good Staff Member resigned. People who have been friends and such ended up fighting. When you're friends with both sides, you hate to see it happening.

That's why I was sad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

No, You wore him out and now he's just bitter.

Sgatr15

This sounds gay.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Ah!
Ok, I do recall seeing that now that you mentioned it.
Unfortunate that things like this happen.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Things escalated and even a good Staff Member resigned..

Who resigned??

I obviously need to spend more time here.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Things escalated and even a good Staff Member resigned..

Who resigned??

I obviously need to spend more time here.

MickeyMouse....and it was not pretty.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who resigned??

MickeyMouse....and it was not pretty.

SGatr15

WOW.

I never got along with or cared for the guy, but that's too bad. Aside for how he treated me (most of which was private communications) , he seemed like a good mod.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top