Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 5:31:00 PM EDT
Jack Henley, the Georgia man who was apparently beheaded today, lives only a few miles from where I work. His daughter goes to Pine Mountain with my niece and while they're not friends, my niece is aching for her in a horrible way.

I donated money today to the family and my workplace will be sending flowers to the funeral home if that becomes an option. (According to officials around here, it could take months for any  body to be sent home and even then, it may be private to avoid a media circus.)

I'm just devastated. I'm upset every single time that it happens, but knowing that it happened to a person that I may have sat next to at a school function or at church or at a movie theater makes it that much more real.

A little girl doesn't have a father.
A wife is a widow.

Why!? Why does this have to keep happening?

My heart just hurts for this family. Everywhere I looked today there were red, white, and blue ribbons with a little yellow bow in honor of Jack Hensley. All I could think was that the sentiment is nice, but it seems like so LITTLE to do to honor someone who was just trying to help them rebuild over there. It's so sad.

What has happened to the world where barbarians like this are able to penetrate into our homes on the news and strike fear in our hearts and basically crap all over basic humanity?

I just want Bush to keep leading us the right way and show these animals that we're not going to run and hide. We're going to persevere because THAT is American Spirit at its finest. And no one will ever be able to shatter American Spirit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Why!? Why does this have to keep happening?

Because the radical muslims have nothing but hatred for us. Here, I won't tell you why...but I would suggest that you seek to know why....and in The Answer, you'll find peace.

What has happened to the world where barbarians like this are able to penetrate into our homes on the news and strike fear in our hearts and basically crap all over basic humanity?

Ahhh, progress......
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I live 35-40 miles from the town where Mr. Armstrong lived most of his life, Hillsdale Michigan. The whole town had a candle light vigil last night.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I had something constructive to say. Its just really deflating at this point. There was a time that these beheadings made me angry...but lately, i am just beyond the anger, because it is obvious to me that no one in a position of authority is prepared to do what it will take to combat this form of terrorism.

Rather than get into that whole argument, I will just say that people all around the country have your community in their thoughts. It is yet another sad day.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop feeling sorry and do something to kick their asses.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Chelle - I'm right there with you. My heart aches for each and every family that goes through this. This one just stings a little more since it is close to home.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=35&t=185214

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=277293
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Stop feeling sorry and do something to kick their asses.

And we let those bastards in to this country and let them build mosques and vote. They may be savages but we are idiots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top