Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/21/2004 5:19:36 PM EDT
With the recently locked threads and MickeyMouse just resigning as a mod has Arfcom become to PC?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but it has become too grammar nazi. It's "too."
tony
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Although it seems to be certain mods/staff more than the site as a whole.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]

IBTL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Not unless it's recently been made public property.

Did I miss the auction?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes. But it goes in waves. It gets really anal then it goes lax then anal. It has been that way for years. Don't worry it will get back to normal soon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

IBTL

Actually, I was thinking the staff might apprieciate the poll.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes.

I agree

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTL

Actually, I was thinking the staff might apprieciate the poll.

I don't think anyone here would appreciate being called or compared to PC.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
holy shit, what was that, maybe 5 minutes since Mickey resigned. thats fast.  

Has Arfcom become too PC?  if you think yes, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 on
RAMBOSKY
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I need specific examples of what you are talking about.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

After reading some of your posts, I doubt you think at all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

I agree

TXL

I also agree.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt you read enough then...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#17]
yes it's got too many rules. it needs to lighten up a bit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#18]
The site has become too PC.  Unfashionable views are not invalid (the Readers Digest version of Jeff Cooper on the exhilaration of fighting).

The Bear Pit is the best place to blow off steam (or pre-ban.com) if you think your post is too course for GD.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The site has become too PC.  Unfashionable views are not invalid (the Readers Digest version of Jeff Cooper on the exhilaration of fighting).

The Bear Pit is the best place to blow off steam (or pre-ban.com) if you think your post is too course for GD.

The pit is a perfect example of why flaming off all the time doesn't suit the site.  I go peek in there once in a while, but the pit sucks ass.  it's just a bunch of crybabies.  I can get that shit in traffic every day.  Yeah we have some rules here in GD.  yeah it would be real nice to see less selective enforcment based on name and post count.  But it is a private owned site.  They could be selling beanie babies or something far more grave with the ar.15 moniker.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[>Q]
I got the popcorn!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]
in before the dupe
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#23]

[Elvis] Thankyou, Thankyou very much[/Elvis]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Its not my house
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Arfcom too pc recently? By my recollection, arfcom was too pc as far back as 2001. September 2001. September 11-12 2001 to be exact.  

As the twin towers fell, I was quite vocal about the perpetrators that attacked our country and call them a slang name that refers to the “cloth that swaths their heads.”

I was temporarily banned.

Now years later we see numerous despicable acts of terrorism including beheadings, all over the news. The “overzealous Islamic gentlemen” are at war with not only America, but Judaism, Hindus, moderate Muslims, heck, the whole world that is not in agreement with them.

And the total number “overzealous Islamic” people in the world that HATE anything not of Islam and agitate for violence are many 100's of thousands more then just the few handfull of 9/11 terrorists we posters were warned to limit our rage to on September 11-12 2001.
You know ‘cause it was not pc here at arfcom to blame more Islamic people for aiding/abetting terrorism.

So I called them a name.
I was right about them.

Think I’d ever get an apology? Naw, certain senior staff are too scared of their shadows, and too sensitive.

Arfcom is pc? You bet it is. And I won’t forget being punished either.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, my re-drawn picture didn't get a similar thread locked. It's not too PC.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#27]
My only issue with PC'ness pertains to radical Islamists. I see no worthy reason why you can't call a white sheep white. I also see no reason why we can't call beasts beasts. Otherwise, I have no issues with PC'ness here. While I don't own or run the site, maybe my opinion doesn't matter. But since I was asked for my opinion in this thread, there it is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Sure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

No, but it has become too grammar nazi. It's "too."
tony

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I like that, especially the mushroom cloud. Good work!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#31]
When a person expressing his real feelings after the beheading of an American citizen are consider by some to be "misbehaving" it does give you the feeling that you are not acting in freedom.

Look what happened to Balzac72,  does he deserve to have his account locked?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The pit is a perfect example of why flaming off all the time doesn't suit the site.  I go peek in there once in a while, but the pit sucks ass.  it's just a bunch of crybabies.  I can get that shit in traffic every day.  Yeah we have some rules here in GD.  yeah it would be real nice to see less selective enforcment based on name and post count.  But it is a private owned site.  They could be selling beanie babies or something far more grave with the ar.15 moniker.

You're blathering on again? And just whom are you calling a crybaby? You're one of the bigger crybabies here. Stuff a sock in it already..
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
When a person expressing his real feelings after the beheading of an American citizen are consider by some to be "misbehaving" it does give you the feeling that you are not acting in freedom.

Look what happened to Balzac72,  does he deserve to have his account locked?

Nah, while I thought Balzac is generally a meat whistle, he packs some sand when it comes to speaking his mind. For that I give him top marks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow! Right now we're at 82% think the site is to PC compared with 18% who don't.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes. This place is too PC. When you get into trouble calling criminals "criminals", such as illegal border jumpers, and even differentiating them from legal border crossers by refering to them by their river-swimming behavior, the place is too PC.

Labels refering to undesirable behavior, even non-criminal but undesirable nonetheless, should not be taboo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#37]
No, it's not my site to say if it's too PC or not.  I am a member, not the owner.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Uh? Yes and No.

Maybe a bit more yes at times lately.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, but its not my decision.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Yes, but its not my decision.

I don't agree.  Dues paying members should have a say in it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Yes. This place is too PC. When you get into trouble calling criminals "criminals", such as illegal border jumpers, and even differentiating them from legal border crossers by refering to them by their river-swimming behavior, the place is too PC.

Labels refering to undesirable behavior, even non-criminal but undesirable nonetheless, should not be taboo.

Too right.
And we're being mislead.
Just before the "I Quit" thread was locked, this was posted:

As for the PCness of the site, it's simple and I've explained this several times. There are certain things which will get a place shut down and with all the AWB anger from liberals, they've taken shots at us and won a few minor battles the past few weeks which I have had to deal with. Posts regarding the killing of innocents or the wide spread slaughter of a religion can't be allowed on the site without risking its future. If we were very small it wouldn't be much of a risk, but in our current state we draw way too much attention from our enemies and those with the power to shut us down.

The above statement relies on our ignorance about web site hosting. It is assumed that we will believe there are NO web hosting facilities anywhere that allow wide-open sites.

As a member of several sites that defy the Corporate  Pirates and the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, {freedom of information, satellite issues, etc} I can say without a doubt that sites are hosted successfully, defy corporate & govermental interference, and heck! even turn a profit.
You just have to want to succeed.

Claiming you have to fight some unseen and unpublished battles does not remove the fact that a decision has been made to bow to the winds of politically correct opinion.

Let's not forget the wonderful actions of domestic terrorists who happen to be of other religions, should we make generalizations there?
This is a misleading and I dare say {no I don't dare say because it will be used to lock me} #$%# statement.
Oh you say. WHAT RELIGION? NAME IT!
The unabomber? WHAT RELIGION SUPPORTED THIS?
Timothy McVeigh?  WHAT RELIGION SUPPORTED THIS?
The Earth Liberation Front? WHAT RELIGION SUPPORTED THIS?
Just what religion in America is charged with multiple acts of domestic terrorism?
What bombings? What beheadings? Who? The Catholic Church? Pagans? Fundamental Chrisitians? Who blew up what, when?
You had better name an organized, recognized, religion in America that actively promotes domestic terrorism or retract that statement.  

I'm not asking anyone to suspend their beliefs or their opinions,

UHmmmmm, yes you are. Look at the pole at the top of the page. Guilty as charged.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#43]

You have to be PC to keep the advertisers.

You get someone voicing thier opinion,  words are typed, stonger words are typed.  Then all hell breaks loose and just when it gets interesting, someones plug is pulled.

Be nice, play nice, too bad that shit doesn't work in the real world.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Too PC?

Not really.

Too whiney?

Absolutely!!

One would expect conservative gun owners to be made of sterner stuff, but apparently not.

(Note that I’m not making any reference to MickeyMouse since I haven’t a clue what the issue is there.)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I voted no. This ain't IRC.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Double post
Sorry
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Too right.
And we're being mislead.
Just before the "I Quit" thread was locked, this was posted:

As for the PCness of the site, it's simple and I've explained this several times. There are certain things which will get a place shut down and with all the AWB anger from liberals, they've taken shots at us and won a few minor battles the past few weeks which I have had to deal with. Posts regarding the killing of innocents or the wide spread slaughter of a religion can't be allowed on the site without risking its future. If we were very small it wouldn't be much of a risk, but in our current state we draw way too much attention from our enemies and those with the power to shut us down.

The above statement relies on our ignorance about web site hosting. It is assumed that we will believe there are NO web hosting facilities anywhere that allow wide-open sites.

As a member of several sites that defy the Corporate  Pirates and the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, {freedom of information, satellite issues, etc} I can say without a doubt that sites are hosted successfully, defy corporate & govermental interference, and heck! even turn a profit.
You just have to want to succeed.

Claiming you have to fight some unseen and unpublished battles does not remove the fact that a decision has been made to bow to the winds of politically correct opinion.

Let's not forget the wonderful actions of domestic terrorists who happen to be of other religions, should we make generalizations there?
This is a misleading and I dare say {no I don't dare say because it will be used to lock me} #$%# statement.
Oh you say. WHAT RELIGION? NAME IT!
The unabomber? WHAT RELIGION SUPPORTED THIS?
Timothy McVeigh?  WHAT RELIGION SUPPORTED THIS?
The Earth Liberation Front? WHAT RELIGION SUPPORTED THIS?
Just what religion in America is charged with multiple acts of domestic terrorism?
What bombings? What beheadings? Who? The Catholic Church? Pagans? Fundamental Chrisitians? Who blew up what, when?
You had better name an organized, recognized, religion in America that actively promotes domestic terrorism {other than the "Religion of Peace"} or retract that statement.  

I'm not asking anyone to suspend their beliefs or their opinions,

UHmmmmm, yes you are. Look at the pole at the top of the page. Guilty as charged.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Yup.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top