Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 4:49:09 PM EDT
I came home today to find that my idiot fiancee loving soul-mate had thrown a small US flag in the freakin' trash can!
It's one of those little flags stapled to a dowel-rod that you're supposed to stick in the ground along lawns and such.  After discussing this with her, she now feels bad about it and wants to know the proper way to dispose of a tattered, unusable flag.  I was much embarassed to have to admit I did not know how to do it.  Googling just let me know that I could drop it off at American Legion posts for a disposal ceremony.  Do I have to do this?  Is there a proper, respectful way to do one's own disposal ceremony?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#1]
flags that are unuseable are burned with respect.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
flags that are unuseable are burned with respect.

Yeah, further Googling has revealed this.  Burn it discreetly and with respect.  

Looks like I've wasted some bandwith here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks like I've wasted some bandwith here.

not at all.  good question and good info. for everyone to know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top