Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 3:33:27 PM EDT
I still remember Sept 11, 2001.  I also remember the media frenzy, the public outcry, the calls of "Never Forget!"  Well, here comes election season, and it seems the vast majority of the sheeple already forgot.  Democrats citing Iraqi civilians killed when it is undisputed that no military does more than ours to avoid collateral.  People questioning the morality of a war that removed a violent and brutal dictator that used torture and chemical weapons against his own people, and practiced genocide.  People that call our soldiers baby killers on one hand, and mourn the casualty count on the other (they really probably celebrate when a US soldier is killed).  People so full of hate for American efforts to defend our people that they use lies to advance their agenda of complacency.  People that can watch a terrorist cut off an Americans head, and still maintain that these people "just want to be left alone" and that we deserved the attacks on our land an people.  

Never Forget?

We already have.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I will never forget that awful day either. I heard from a co-worker that an airplane have crashed into the WTC building, my first thought was that an idiot flying a cessna or small plane just been lucky enough to hit something that huge.The details were sketchy as I went back to work.I waited about 30 minutes or so later, I called my brother at home to get details on the incident, as I asked him what kind of plane hit the towers, he said an airliner hit each tower and the one tower just collasped to the ground, the fuckin' Trade Tower just collasped to the ground! I slipped to the floor stunned.I do not remember how long I was there but the phone was buzzing for me to hang up.The BASTARDS have hit us
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in school, (the 5th grade). All during the school days kids were being called home. Then at lunch the teachers were watching TV. I saw a clip of the towers falling. Then during my last class my teacher told me "that something had happened with the country". It wasn't until I got home....

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Never Forgive!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Only 3 posts, Its seem we have forgoten
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't forgotten. That's why I'm voting for GW!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
"Never Forget Those Who Died
Never Forget Who Killed Them"

Pat Rogers
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I still remember Sept 11, 2001.  I also remember the media frenzy, the public outcry, the calls of "Never Forget!"  Well, here comes election season, and it seems the vast majority of the sheeple already forgot.

Sad fact of life. I used to campaign for the local Republicans, they don't start pouring on it, ie phone calls, mailers etc, until the last month or so before the voting date. The head honchos say that if they do any earlier people will forget. Remember "out of sight, out of mind" for most people.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#8]
All the American flags on cars, then all the American flags on the road getting run over because nobody would stop to pick them up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I will never forget that awful day either. I heard from a co-worker that an airplane have crashed into the WTC building, my first thought was that an idiot flying a cessna or small plane just been lucky enough to hit something that huge.

I heard it on the news while I was driving into work, and I had the exact same reaction! I thought some idiot was probably doing an airplane tour of the city and smacked his Cessna into the building. By the time I had gotten to work the second plane had struck, and everyone knew what was happening.

Some guy in the office had a little black and white TV with a 4" screen, and I stood with about 20 or so other people watching everything. I still remember the feeling I got in my stomach when the reporter said that between 80,000 and 100,000 people would be in the WTC on any given business day. It reminded me of the story that I had heard, that the original intent of the first WTC bombing was to kill 250,000 people. I stood there feeling numb and watching as the towers fell. The rest of the day was surreal to me. At that time, I though that I was literally watching the deaths of upwards of 80,000 Americans! I went to the bank and got my almost all of my cash out, and listened to the radio all day to get more news.

I actually had to work late on 9/11/2001, doing an evening installation for a customer. I remember driving home EVERY gas station was packed out, with people lined up around the block. Several gas stations that I had passed were already charging $5 per gallon. I found a BP that hadn't jacked up their prices, and I filled up there. I called my mom, called my dad and all of my sisters, and went home and cried.

I have not forgotten!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Only 3 posts, Its seem we have forgoten

Only 9 posts in one day for the most horrible event in our time.

Damn
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I need to see the videos of planes flying into our buildings again.

NEone got a link???

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I had just reported into Ft. Benning two days earlier, that day I was on ammo detail at a range.  I had to go out to the IOBC class and ask if anyone had family in New York and get their names.  

My father worked in DC, at the State Department.  I called home and asked my mother if she knew his whereabouts, but she did not have the TV on and was clueless.  I had to tell her over the phone what was happening.  

As a side note, I was in Dulles International this past 4th of July, sitting at the bar drinking when I heard two men next to me talking about Iraq so I joined in.  One of them turned out to be one of the NYC Asst Fire Chiefs, who was in the second building when it collapsed.  I can't recall  his name right now, but he wrote a book called Last Man Out, and autographed a copy for me.  I was honored.  Right now his life consists of giving talks about the day, trying to keep people from forgetting.  

I hope America wakes up, the next one can only get worse.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you to any soldier that got our revenge.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#14]
We forgot long ago, dude.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Well if you listen to Michael Moore there is no terrorist threat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.attackonamerica.net/thumbnails.htm
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#17]
How should I have made that link live?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
www.attackonamerica.net/thumbnails.htm

Made it hot for you.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I have never and will never forget.  It's in my sig. line.

E-95
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I should clarify - when I say "we", I mean America. Present company excluded.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's some fresh reminders...

Videos
NEVER FORGET
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#23]
btt
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I was on duty and had just gone to ask my supervisor a question. He happened to be in one of the lounges watching CNN. That's when I saw it. Soon the CO came over the 1MC saying that we didn't know what was up. That afternoon we had guns everywhere on our ship. Where were in the shipyards off base and couldn't get underway. We had no missle systems or gun capabilities, just M-2's. That was a tense period. At one point I had a loaded 9MM, M-14 and M-60 for watch in a sand bag position. We couldn't go home. about 100 people on duty a day, only 300 onboard. We were all pissed because we wanted to load up with T-hawks and blow the shit out of them. They denied my requests to go to the World Trade Center to help and to cross over to the Army.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top