Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 2:18:10 PM EDT
Post your suggested uses for post-ban barrels and other items that are now useless with the sunset of the Homeland Defense Weapon Ban (AWB-HDWB)

I've got a high-priced, great quality Wilson M4gery tent peg that I need to find something to do with now that my evil "preban" with bayo lug and flash hider has arrived!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I am just relegating my to the safe for a while.  Rememebr the election is not over yet.  Better to buy a new upper or complete gun.  So if a draconian ban goes back into effect, I can just dig up the post ban and drop it on.  I realize testosterone caused a lot of guys here to grind off their fake hiders and brakes as some sort of F you to the man or whatever, but if we get another ban you gotts undo that work.  Just hold onto it for potential future needs.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see how they could make a ban retroactive unless they tried to make us all register them, postban or preban, and then ultimately "turn them all in".

Molon Labe
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just get the break off of it, and put on a new FH. Who cares if it doesn't have a bayo lug.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Well gee, I had flash suppressors (not hiders) and bayo lugs on my existing postban barrels.  Why waste a good barrel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am just relegating my to the safe for a while.  Rememebr the election is not over yet.  Better to buy a new upper or complete gun.  So if a draconian ban goes back into effect, I can just dig up the post ban and drop it on.  I realize testosterone caused a lot of guys here to grind off their fake hiders and brakes as some sort of F you to the man or whatever, but if we get another ban you gotts undo that work.  Just hold onto it for potential future needs.  

...You can't be subjected to post ex-facto laws. You'd have a legal rifle if it was like that now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Low capacity magazines make great bottle openers
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...You can't be subjected to post ex-facto laws. You'd have a legal rifle if it was like that now.

I don't think your understanding.  But that's OK.  I'll continue to hold onto my post uppers.  They are only 3 and were cheap enough to replace...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Low capacity magazines make great bottle openers

Or you could send them to those who are less fortunate
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Post ban Brls can be threaded very easily.  Bayonet lugs are pretty much worthless anyway. Fixed stocks are fine.

About the only "post ban " components I would not recycle are blast enhancers and the mock collaspable stocks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think your understanding.  But that's OK.  I'll continue to hold onto my post uppers.  They are only 3 and were cheap enough to replace...

Your rifles are, currently, legal. Therefore, they'd fit under post ex-facto laws... which Congress can not approve.

Now, state-wise, there's a possibility... But not Federally.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Your rifles are, currently, legal. Therefore, they'd fit under post ex-facto laws... which Congress can not approve.

OK I'll just use the collector motto and say I'm keeping my 3 post uppers for collectings sake.  How about that.  Laws shmals....  I just found it easier to buy new uppers and have 3 parts uppers if nothing else.  Maybe I will want to play golf with my AR and will use the post bans for that?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
1) An ex-post-facto law is one that punishes you for what you did before it was passed.

A confiscatory ban is NOT an ex-post-facto law, since it says 'AFTER today, no more'. An example of an ex-post-facto law would be 'If you ever in your life posessed an AR-15, you are guilty of a felony, 10yrs'...

2) Use it for something where it doesn't matter, or sell it on Gunbroker...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Post your suggested uses for post-ban barrels and other items that are now useless with the sunset of the Homeland Defense Weapon Ban (AWB-HDWB)

I've got a high-priced, great quality Wilson M4gery tent peg that I need to find something to do with now that my evil "preban" with bayo lug and flash hider has arrived!

I'll give you $25.00 for it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Sell them to me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Were it legal, post ban barrels would be great for making .22 suppressors.
But of course it's not legal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK I'll just use the collector motto and say I'm keeping my 3 post uppers for collectings sake.  How about that.  Laws shmals....  I just found it easier to buy new uppers and have 3 parts uppers if nothing else.  Maybe I will want to play golf with my AR and will use the post bans for that?  

You can use it as a dildo for all I care.  I'm picking up my 'post-ban' barrels from UPS tomorrow.  They're back from Adco and have new flash suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
1) An ex-post-facto law is one that punishes you for what you did before it was passed.

A confiscatory ban is NOT an ex-post-facto law, since it says 'AFTER today, no more'. An example of an ex-post-facto law would be 'If you ever in your life posessed an AR-15, you are guilty of a felony, 10yrs'...

...A confiscatory ban would never happen.

Try collecting 235 million guns from 200 million VERY ANGRY gun owners. Just try it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll give you $25.00 for it.

$30
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Post ban barrels are a tad more accurate without the muzzel device.  Make yourself a varminter.

Well, if that's the case, they must be worth $35 each.

Anyone wanting to sell a chrome lined, postban barrel, please send me an email or IM with what you have and how much you want.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

First, if they do another ban, it won't be retroactive. So whatever you have when the new ban goes into effect will be "Pre-ban".

Second, if they can they will write the ban much differently, kinda like California did with SB-23.

Third, the chance that the Dems gain control of the house is so slight, even if they win the Senate and Kerry wins, they won't be passing any new bans anytime soon. At the federal level. Your local experience may vary.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know what to do with my post ban barrel when I get around to replacing it.

It has an integral brake/break/braych.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#26]
... Trade up!

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I've got an M4gery barrel from Pete in New Hampshire with the fake flash suppressor attached. I believe that the barrel is actually RRA manufacture but Pete cuold tell us for sure. It has some white "kiss" marks on the barrel hidden by the hand gaurds (not included) caused by my aluminum vise jaws fitted especially for the barrel to keep from marring it when removing the receiver, but otherwise it is in good shape, crown, rifling and receiver nut threads.

Drop me an I-mail if you are interested. I can send photos.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top