Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:00:04 PM EDT
Maybe this has been asked/answered here already, but come on!  Grouchy gets them instantly.....are you telling me there is NO WAY to trace them back to the shiteater that sent them?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you know where to look you can get em the moment they are posted.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

where do you look?  And if one were to look there, why couldn't you track the IP or whatever of the person who uploaded it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where do you look?  And if one were to look there, why couldn't you track the IP or whatever of the person who uploaded it?

Servers are in places where your not going to be able to trace IP easily.  Plus anyone with basic, and I do mean basic Cisco skills can connect to a router and mask their tracks with relative ease.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
regarding knowing where to look where are you talking about?  The only place I know that has it is Grouchymedia, and they have had all of them first....does that now strike anyone as odd?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
www.ogrish.com has ALL of them and many more
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
well between public proxies and ftp sites allowing 3rd party xfers, it's kind hard to track someone

and just connecting to a cisco router won't get you very far, unless you're on the right router
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
What?  Grouchymedia gets the beheading videos?  I only see military music videos.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It's an interesting question (re the : don't kill the messenger" syndrome) as to whether stations & websites which publicize beheadings are reporting news or actively supporting the campaign of terrorists.

I think al-jazeera warranted a Tomahawk eons ago, but the administration is playing by the rules (even if the other guys don't) and you have to give them props for that.

It's one of the things that is troubling, but anyone with a reasonable head on their shoulders can tell the difference between who is reporting news and who is pushing an agenda. I am foursquare against censorship, but I am not naive enough to think that every organizations that presents itself as news is doing so with pure & noble intent.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ogrish has more broken links than a search engine...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
regarding knowing where to look where are you talking about?  The only place I know that has it is Grouchymedia, and they have had all of them first....does that now strike anyone as odd?

I think that maybe if you learn to speak arabic you would find them before they are posted on ogerish and grouchy...  know what I'm getting at?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's an interesting question (re the : don't kill the messenger" syndrome) as to whether stations & websites which publicize beheadings are reporting news or actively supporting the campaign of terrorists.

I think al-jazeera warranted a Tomahawk eons ago, but the administration is playing by the rules (even if the other guys don't) and you have to give them props for that.

When I say my preayers at night I wish that someone would deorbit their sattelite.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1 wicked site. not for the squimish.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
What grouchymedia are you talking about?  Post a link.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What?  Grouchymedia gets the beheading videos?  I only see military music videos.

wellshit....I meant to say ogrish....you are right about grouchy - nothing but good stuff there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top