Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 1:46:37 PM EDT
So I was talking to this guy and he said that a rifles overall must be atleast 30" even for those with folding stocks, is this correct? I know there is some minimum length but I was thinking it was something like 36" and didnt apply to folding stocks. I figured some of you guys out there would know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
16 inches barrel
26 inches o/a length when folded / telescoped into shortest position
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Federal law for rifles is 26 inches with stock unfolded/extended.  It can be less than 26 with the stock folded/collapsed.  The UZI carbine is proof of this, as its 24 with its stock folded and there are tens of thousands out there.

Some states are more strict.  I think MI has a 30 inch minimum regardless of stock being open or closed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That is kinda what I was thinking it must be 26" not 36" open like I was thinking. When the guy said 30" I knew that didnt sound right because I have seen lots of rifles shorter than that such as the keltecs but he seemed to think he knew what he was talking about. I will assume that rifle length when folded shouldnt be a problem then unless it is a state law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
It wouldnt hurt to check with Ceasar, oops JBTs, oops our masters, DoooH!  I mean the BATF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top