Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 12:22:21 PM EDT
Have you ever played the game, "what's that smell?"  Its the game where you smell something funny or bad and can't figure out where its coming from.  You go around the house, sniffing, looking, and peeping.  Obviously, one of the first places you look is in the trash bin.  But to no avail, the smell isn't coming from there.

I've played this game before and found a piece of chicken that had fallen next to the couch and the end table.  It took a while but the my senses were successfully employed.

Have you ever played this game?  What was the outcome?  Did you ever give up?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have you ever played the game, "what's that smell?"  Its the game where you smell something funny or bad and can't figure out where its coming from.  You go around the house, sniffing, looking, and peeping.  Obviously, one of the first places you look is in the trash bin.  But to no avail, the smell isn't coming from there.

I've played this game before and found a piece of chicken that had fallen next to the couch and the end table.  It took a while but the my senses were successfully employed.

Have you ever played this game?  What was the outcome?  Did you ever give up?  

Woo-Hoo, Wing Hunt...

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of time it is the garbage disposal in the sink at my apt.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
"Listen.....do you smell something?"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, played it last week.
AWFUL smell upstairs in my house. Look under everything. Check crawl spaces. Check "plumbing".
Look under plastic dry-cleaning bag on bed... there's the culprit!
We left the cat in without her litterbox. She decided to take a BLISTERING SH** on our down comforter.
That unit went STRAIGHT to the dumpster!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the smell of death in the house for several months.  It was certainly worse when I came home and the house had been closed up on a warm day.  As soon as I opened the house up, the smell vanished.  Nobody else could smell it, either.

One day, I followed my nose and found the source.  It seems that a mouse had crawled up the electrical cord on the back of my electric range, went under the protective shroud and had gotten across the 240vac binding posts.  The little sucker was all dried and shriveled up, and resembled a tiny man that had been crucified on a metal cross with its little arms outstreched across the terminals.

Mystery solved.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Played that game about a month ago.

Apparently my wife thought that potatoes didn't need to go into the refridgerator.  After about 6 months in the floor of the pantry they had turned to liquid crap.  Literally.  She had hid the bag of potatoes under a bag of rice and some other crap.  Smelled like turds in our house for a week.  Pantry still has a weird smell.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Smell my finger.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I could smell something for a while that seemed to be coming from behind a wall between a bedroom and a hall.  I assumed a squirrel or mouse had gotten into my attic and fallen down inside the wall, got stuck, and died.  After a month or so, I couldn't smell it anymore.  I guess there's a little critter skeleton behind the wall somewhere now.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Apparently my wife thought that potatoes didn't need to go into the refridgerator.  After about 6 months in the floor of the pantry they had turned to liquid crap.

They don't need to go in the refrigerator, just a cool, dark place -- but they also don't last 6 months either.  That must have been disgusting.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Apparently my wife thought that potatoes didn't need to go into the refridgerator.  After about 6 months in the floor of the pantry they had turned to liquid crap.

They don't need to go in the refrigerator, just a cool, dark place -- but they also don't last 6 months either.  That must have been disgusting.  Ugh.

I have her stick them in the fridge; for this reason in fact, in case they go bad, it is just the fridge that stinks.  I've worked near a septic tank once, cleaning it, and to tell the truth -  I'd rather play in the septic tank, than move those potatoes again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top