Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 10:08:33 AM EDT
I am FUCKING PISSED!  Some 'friends' of ours back in Phoenix used my name to order cable tv/internet/telephone service.  Why, you ask?  Because these deadbeats hadn't paid a single bill in over 6 months and their service was shut off.  How did I find out what they did, you ask?  I got a call from Cox Communications Collections department asking me when I intended to pay the $534 'I' am currently behind on.

I not-very-politely asked them 'WTF?', and realized what had happened when they told me the address the cable was installed at.  I calmed down (because it isn't the poor SOB on the telephones' fault) and explained that I know who this person is, and that he must have forged my name.  I explained that this individual used to live across the street from me and that our wives were close friends.  I also explained that this deadbeat motherf@!*&$ lost his house, car, and everything he owned because he failed to repay his debts--he has often said 'hey, it's not like they can throw you in jail for not paying bills'.  I told Cox Communications that I haven't lived in AZ since Aug 2001, and that I have never had any accounts with them.  I told Cox exactly how to find this piece of shit, where he works, what his shift schedule is and how I intend to prosecute for ID theft/forgery.  Cox said that they are on it and will send me a letter to send to the credit reporting companies to clear up the negative marks.  Yippie...I just love dealing with credit companies.

Now the difficult part...How do I ensure this is taken care of properly?  I want this bastard prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, or beaten to death--either will do.  Since I don't want to lose my own freedom, I will have to settle with prosecution, but I don't know how to go about starting the paperwork or who to call.    Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
This could be a serious issue legal issue for your "friend".  You are a victim of identity theft, and most states have enacted serious penalties for this.  Po-po should be involved, or he may decide to use your name for a credit card application.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
AZ Attorney General?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This could be a serious issue legal issue for your "friend".  You are a victim of identity theft, and most states have enacted serious penalties for this.  Po-po should be involved, or he may decide to use your name for a credit card application.

He may already have.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Contact the police department where he lives.  They will be the ones with jurisdiction in this case.  Make a complaint with them on indentity theft.  There are a few crimes he may have committed: Forgery, obtaining credit by fraud, and theft.  Make sure to follow up with the police (get the name of the detective and the report #) and keep on them to take the case over to the D.A. for prosecution.  They will probably request a statement from you, and of course, if the a-hole fights the charges, they will need you as a witness in the prosecution of the case.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Friends like that you don’t need enemies. Hope it works out, and check your credit with ALL three companies
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#6]
+1

Quoted:
Friends like that you don’t need enemies. Hope it works out, and check your credit with ALL three companies

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
+1

Quoted:

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

DO IT NOW!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Do they have satellite TV and broadband Internet access in prison?

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the replies...I called Phoenix PD and gave a statement over the phone.  They asked me to write it all down and mail it to them also.  I didn't get the idea that they're gonna do much (anything) but by having it documented, it'll give me some ammo if/when I wind up taking this douchebag to court.

(and to think....I gave this sonofabitch BEER in MY HOUSE on several occaisions)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
You should remove the beaten to death part or a Mod will hammer you.  But of course if your on his goodie list you'll be ok as rules are selectively enforced around here.

Just call the cops on him and be done with it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top