Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 3:44:01 AM EDT
For months I have been looking forward to Hornady announcing the first shipment of .17 HM2 ammunition.  All the barrel manufacturers were waiting for this to happen so they could begin production on barrels to convert the Ruger 10/22 to fire .17 HM2 ammunition.

Well, now most of the manufacturers have a disclaimer on their site stating that they have been given information that has caused them to cease production of the barrels.  Apparently, bolt speed and chamber pressure have something to do with it.

The only manufacturer out there that I can find that is still producing the barrels is Volquartsen.  Of course, the barrel is over $200 and then Volq says you need their $200 bolt for it to work right.  I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend over $400 when I could buy a complete gun already chambered for the Mach2.  My whole reason for wanting to convert my Ruger is so that I could have the Mach2 in a rifle that would accept 25 and 50 round mags.

I sure hope someone puts out a good semi-auto in Mach2 that can accept large capacity mags.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Crap!

I have a spare 10/22 thumbhole silhouette stock that I was planning to build a HM2 around.

Oh well, guess I can always use another 22LR 10/22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top