Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 1:51:27 AM EDT
I gotta have a SBR. I live in Oklahoma how do I get the ball rolling? Do I go to my dealer first for the paperwork or to the law enforcement officials or is there somewhere to get the forms? Thanks Gunny54.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are buying the SBR then the dealer will supply you with the Form 4s, Fingerprint Cards and Compliance Statement. If you are building your own you can download the Form 1s and Compliance, but you'll have to order the Fingerprint Cards from the ATF. They only take about a week to get them to you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
You can register any lower. If it is a postban it would have to follow all the rules (by the time it is approved though, the ban should be history, hopefully).

1. You need to fill out a Form 1 (2 copies)
2. Get fingerprinted on FBI fingerprint cards (2 copies) (Blue ones they should have these at Local PD)
3. Fill out a Certification of Citizenship form (1 copy)
4. Get your Chief Law Enforcement Officer to sign your Form 1's
5. Write out a check for $200 or Money order
6. Wait 3-4 months for your application and tax stamp to come back.
7. Have your receiver engraved (M. Smith Anytown, NH)
8. Keep a copy of your Form 1 with you whenever you are using your rifle.

All of the forms can be ordered for free off of the ATF website.

This was the info given to me by a member here on AR-15  I sent mine in 6wks ago 16weeks to go!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can register any lower. If it is a postban it would have to follow all the rules (by the time it is approved though, the ban should be history, hopefully).

We can only hope!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Jackinthebox...is that the same form if you just want to buy a SBR?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Jackinthebox...is that the same form if you just want to buy a SBR?

Good info Hamptonyellowdog.

If you are buying then you use Form 4 instead of Form 1. Also. make sure that the fingerprint cards have the correct code in the ORI Box or your caeds will never make it to the NFA Branch. DCATF0100 is the code.

Since you mentioned going to your dealer he should do all the appropriate paperwork. You can save yourself some bucks by doing it yourself and it really is pretty simple unless you can't get a CLEO sign-off. The dealer is probably going to charge you $100 just to do the transfer.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a place online to get the right fingerprint cards and a Citizenship card?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread helped me alot.

Here

Regards,

Danny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top